All reviews sea view filey bay public rooms park view would recommend this hotel to anyone excellent hotel sunday lunch one night stay large portions short break every member of staff smoked haddock nothing too much trouble parking space lovely meal lounge area twin room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On the 16th October the White Lodge Hotel hosted my Daughters Wedding reception and I have to say that it was FABULOUS. We had booked out the entire Hotel for our wedding guests some of which which started to arrive on the Friday. The rooms were spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable and all our guests were more than happy with their room allocations.
The Food at both the Wedding Breakfast and the evening buffet was delicious. It was well presented and ample. All dietary requests were satisfactorily catered for.The Staff were efficient and helpful whilst remaining unobtrusive.
Throughout the planning stage both James and Kim were very helpful and maintained regular communication which ensured that the day ran smoothly.
My daughter and her Husband chose the White Lodge Hotel as they wanted a venue that was local, intimate and stylish and the White Lodge fit the bill perfectly.
In conclusion the only thing left to say is a BIG THANK YOU to James, Kim and all your staff and I just wish that we could do it all again.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank Louandmart
WhiteLodgeHotel, Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. It was a pleasure to be the venue for your daughter and son-in-law's special day - all the staff agreed it was a great wedding!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located with views over the sea to Filey Brigg this is a great little hotel. Fresh clean decor, excellent customer service and good food. The rooms are nicely decorated with comfortable beds, quality linen and fluffy towels. We would definitely return here.

Breakfast cooked to order with fresh fruit and yoghurt as well as cereals.
Evening meal is of good standard,

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
WhiteLodgeHotel, Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind comments, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The White Lodge Hotel in Filey is truly magnificent. James Hodgson, who manages is profoundly customer focused and sees creatively to one's every need. The bedrooms are high quality, the food consistently superb, the service is first class combined with a very relaxing ambience and a cracking good bar!! And the value for money is second to none. Would I go there again?? What do you think? It is 100 yeses from me. Edward Norman

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed N

Thank you for your lovely review, we were so happy that you enjoyed your fun filled weekend with us, it was a pleasure to have you all!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Stayed for several days in October, having fallen in love with the White Lodge on a previous visit. Service, bedroom, public areas and food excellent as ever - a credit to all the staff. I find myself relaxing as soon as I see the soft blue, grey and white colour schemes and artwork. On this stay, I booked dinner for the first time on two evenings and a sandwich lunch with friends one day, all in the lovely dining room with its stunning views across the bay. All the meals were very enjoyable - and fortunately there are plenty of good walks nearby to work off the extra calories! I stayed in Room 26, which has a fabulous sea view.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

We are thrilled with your lovely review, thank you very much! We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay, one of many and we hope to see you on your next visit to Filey!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend in September and had high hopes given the £190 per night price tag and all the reviews I had read about the hotel having undergone a complete renovation. We were in room 5 which is supposedly one of the best rooms, with sea and crescent views and a balcony. This room clearly hadn't undergone a refurbishment as the furniture was very dated. The bathroom was absolutely tiny with a rubbish shower over the bath and a shower curtain that stuck to me when I was trying to wash because the bathtub was so small. For this price you would expect a much more luxurious bathroom with a decent shower.
Upon getting into our room I was surprised to find that there was no iron or ironing board. I phoned reception to ask for one and was told that one would be brought to my room shortly. A few minutes later, reception phoned back and told me that both of the irons were being used by other guests! I was amazed that a hotel with twenty-odd rooms charging nearly £200 per night only has two irons.
The staff were pleasant and the breakfast was good. However - I feel the hotel is trading on its location and massively over-priced for what you get. I would not stay there again. Really disappointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank OsianJ

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us for what has become know as "Winegate Wedding".

Room 5, although not yet refurbished (however it does have a brand new Harrison Spinks extra large double bed), is one of our most popular rooms with guests due to it's balcony and superb sea views.

Our bedrooms and bathrooms all vary in size. But I would not describe the bathroom as "absolutely tiny". That said, we are in the process of converting some of the older bathrooms in to walk-in showers.

In conclusion, I think on this occasion you may have been better off booking in to a modern purpose-built hotel in Scarborough (as opposed to a hotel like ours which has individuality and character), and possibly more in line with your budget, as our prices do reflect the superb cliff top location with panoramic views over Filey Bay.