1,700 results
All reviews golf course q hotels golf break evening meal great golf spa treatments two double beds golf bar round of golf light lunch golf society main restaurant leisure facilities relaxation room steam room spa area superior room
Reviewed 2 December 2014

We stayed here for two nights for a family members wedding and had a pleasant stay.
The location is easily accessible from the motorway which is good after a long journey!

Check in was quick and easy - our room was nice and well presented.
We had two double beds, a TV, ironing board, Iron, wardrobe, draws and plenty of comfy pillows.
The bathroom was nice and spacious, bath with built in shower and large sink and toiletry area. They supplied shower gel, shampoo and conditioner as well.
As far as I am aware they do offer 24hr room service but we didnt take advantage of this.

We used the gym and spa and were very impressed. This was free of charge and in a seperate building. The gym was small but well equipped with machines and free weights.
The pool was very nice but busy with locals that used the leisure centre. The pool had gorgeous heated loungers around it, a jacuzzi at the top end as well as a sauna and steam room at either side.

Breakfast was really nice and a good choice of foods.. the cooked breakfast was buffet but constantly being manned and replaced by the chef. There were choices of beans, hash browns, bacon, sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes. There was also plenty of choices of cereals, continental choices such as meat and ham, greek yogurt and fruits. All tasted very nice!

We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful as well.

Overall we would stay again if in the area and would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Dear Traveller1986Em

Many thanks for taking the time to forward your feedback. I am so pleased our high standards contributed to making the wedding a special occasion.

I have passed your comments onto our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel as a party of 7. It was a spa package with lunch evening meal and bed and breakfast. Well first of all I wouldn't call it much of a spa, it's a swimming pool with a sauna and steam room. It was packed, there is hardly any seating around the pool. And it was overrun by kids. I have no problem with children I have kids of my own but for a relaxing break without your kids it's was far from quiet and relaxing. I can't fault the staff in the spa they where lovely and the treatments where also lovely. We did get a complimentary drink to apologise for how busy it was.. They also need some sort or bar area down there as there is know where to get a drink unless you want water from the poolside. Or you can take a hike upstairs to the golf/sports bar. Which isn't part of the spa... The rooms where lovely, good size and clean.. Lunch was also lovely good selection of hot and cold food to choose from... Evening meal, well the service was rubbish we had to ask twice for our wine, it wasn't packed in the restaurant so maybe they should invest in more staff. Food was plonked on the table without even asking whos food was who's. Desert was fetched and by the time people had finished then the hot drinks arrived by this point we where ready to leave. Food was lovely though no complaints there. 4am in the morning we was awoken by a drunk man pounding on next doors door.. I don't usually write bad reviews but I wouldn't visit again.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lurvlylaura

Dear lurvlylaura

Many thanks for taking the time to forward your feedback.

I would like to express our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with certain aspects of your stay at Forest Pines.

I have forwarded your comments onto our team to take the necessary action to address the issues.

We are grateful for your valuable feedback and hope our apologies will be accepted

Reviewed 29 November 2014 via mobile

There is nothing bad to say about this place. I have been here twice. Once for a ball with an overnight stay and also for a conference with work. Also with an overnight stay. Everything is as you would expect for a 4 star hotel, spa, conference centre and PGA golf course.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business

Dear Qu1ffman

Many thanks for taking the time to forward your feedback. It is always beneficial to receive positive comments, which have been passed onto our team

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 23 November 2014

interesting hotel with a choice of restaurants... Breakfast is really good, unfortunately always seem to miss it because of an early checkout. The only down side is the elevators seem to be out of service, and the room layout is confusing if it's your first visit.

This is quite popular with the offshore community.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Dear JudeAberdeen

Many thanks for taking the time to forward your feedback. I have passed your comments onto our team.

I apologise there were problems with the lift during your stay, unfortunately the faults were out of our control.

I hope this doesnt deter your from returning again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 November 2014 via mobile

The organisation i work for booked this hotel for a conference and evening celebration!
Very clean and good facilities although a little cramped when all delegates were in one room for both the conference and for dinner.
Great food with good service ,i especially enjoyed the relaxed self service lunch and large area in which to eat .
Dinner was great with enough space after to relax.
Large comfortable clean rooms.
A couple of. small areas for improvement. . . ladies facilities upstairs away from the main conference facilities and during day had to trek through hotel for lunch.
excellent staff and great group book in ensured no queues when checking in.
All in all great facilities for a company conference and am sure for an overnight break too . . although i would check that there were no business functions booked if i was staying on a personal level.

• Stayed: October 2014
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Dear natnotnut

Many thanks for taking the time to forward your feedback. I am pleased you were impressed with our conference facilities. I have passed your comments onto our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future