All reviews afternoon tea king suite master of ceremonies overlooking the river wedding venue roaring fire standard room from start to finish special occasion beautiful building glass of champagne wedding guests bar area wedding reception staff were attentive perfect venue main room
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea with colleagues and family of the bride and enjoyed a great afternoon. Food was plentiful and very tasty and the service was excellent despite there being a big wedding on as well. We were in a lovely panelled room which was perfect for the group size. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Our daughter got married here and I must say it was a fantastic venue, the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. I was impressed with Michael who met and greeted us, he had a knack for calming the bridal party's nerves.
From a rainy start to a sunny late afternoon the day went without a hitch. The food was excellent and as the top table we were treated like royalty!
While dancing the night away to the band then the resident DJ all the night guests were treated to a tasty selection of shredded pork and pitta breads.
We stayed overnight and had the Queen Suite ; a brilliant room with a luxury bathroom that had a freestanding roll top bath!!
This is a fabulous venue with excellent staff and delicious food that I would highly recommend! Well done Mitton Hall!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We had our wedding at Mitton Hall and stayed over that same night, obvs.

The wedding was amazing....it went exactly as we had planned it with Zoe, our wedding planner, and the staff were all amazing; the way they served food as a part of the wedding breakfast, for example, was extremely professional and added a nice touch. Michael, our master of ceremonies, kept things very much in check and was a stickler for time keeping which you really need with all the chaos of the wedding. The food was amazing too....we had carefully picked our menu choices at an open evening earlier in the year and it really lived up to expectations; we got great feed back from our guests too. Breakfast was lovely too with all the family sat around in the restaurant.

Our room was great...what we saw of it anyway! We only got to bed at 3am and were up for brekkie at 8 so we didn't make the most of the room but it was great with a four poster bed and huge bath (which we did attempt to use at 3am)!

All in all, the wedding was great, the staff fantastic and very professional and the room brilliant....I can't recommend or thank Mitton Hall enough.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WanderSpils
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I was part of a party of four out to celebrate my father's 80th birthday, so basically myself, my father and my sister with her partner.

I'd previously worked for a former owner of Mitton Hall and had been in charge of the landscaping and subsequent maintenance for a few years, so was interested to to visit again after a 10 year absence to see how the place had changed, and of course I knew what a great venue Mitton Hall was.

After having a walk from the car park round to the rear of Mitton, beside the stream, we entered through the rear entrance and had a round of drinks before sitting down next to the log fire.
We were 20 minutes early for our 2.30pm table.

A member of staff was informed that we had a table booked, but at 2.45pm my sister had to remind the lady on the counter, and immediately we were led in to be sat down.

The menu is limited to five or six starters, mains and sweets, but with a three course meal costing a reasonable £25.00.

I ordered the fishcake which was excellent, whilst the others ordered that days soup which drew very positive comments.
Complimentary bread and butter was provided and again this was delicious.

For my main I had lamb. Very tasty indeed, though it should be noted the portions weren't as large as I'm used to which isn't a criticism as such as the quality was impeccable. Very, very tasty indeed, both the lamb and the potato.

My sister ordered the steak, which was to be cooked medium, but this arrived having been cooked rare/medium rare, so basically only the outer quarter/half inch was cooked, the rest was bloody.

I notice that another reviewer made a similar comment, and different chefs do appear to have different ideas as to what constitutes medium/medium rare/rare.

On this occasion it did ruin my sister's main course, hence the dropped star on what would otherwise have been a five star review.

The sweets were all delicious, and in general the comments were of how tasty every course was.

For the quality of the food then, the price was very reasonable and I'm sure we'll visit again, only next time the steak will be asked to be well done, and if it isn't it'll be sent back for a few more minutes under the grill.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely incredible.

From the moment we booked at Mitton Hall, Paige and Zoe were on hand with answers to all our questions. They were more than happy to help with anything we needed. We enjoyed numerous events in the build up to the big day, including a taster meal and the DFC music event (where we were so impressed we booked a band for the evening entertainment).

I started the wedding day with my bridesmaids and hairdresser friend by enjoying a delicious champagne breakfast at Mitton Hall. All staff were on the ball and ensured we were all happy throughout the morning. Lesley-Anne, the general manager, looked after every little detail and I really appreciated her being 'by my side'.

The ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception were all simply amazing. The staff set up the room exactly as I wanted it. All our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and also how well it was dressed.

They also commented on how super the staff were. Mikey and Emma really looked after us throughout the day. The bar staff, catering staff and reception staff were also fantastic. We really couldn't have asked for more...

Mitton Hall is a beautiful venue with amazing staff, who really do care about their customers and the weddings they hold. We had the best day of our lives thanks to the Mitton Hall team.

Thank you.