My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend (Friday to Monday) and had a lovely time. The cottage is in an excellent location for the shops and restaurants of Whitstable. The accommodation is comfortable if a little compact and nicely decorated with 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and a lounge/kitchen on the ground floor plus a cloakroom. We were a little surprised to be asked to remove our shoes by the front door but we obeyed instructions! The kitchen was well equipped and if we had wanted to self cater beyond drinks and nibbles we could easily have done so.
We only had a couple of niggles as follows:
1. Although the sofa is large and technically seats 3 we did not feel that it was practical or desirable for 3 adults to sit side by side in a row when relaxing in front of the TV so we took our own beanbag.
2. Two lightbulbs were out on the ground floor when we arrived but it was not possible for them to be replaced whilst we were there.
3. There were only 2 pillows on the bed on the first floor (personal preference obviously but we like 2 each!).
4. The central heating is set before you arrive and comes on at specific times - the only way to change this is to text the owner who presumably uses "Hive" or some other app to change it remotely. As responsible adults capable of paying the letting fee I would have thought we could be trusted to control the central heating!
5. There is street parking on the surrounding roads but it was not always easy to find a space and roads where there is parking on both sides can be rather hairy to drive down - try to bring a small car as we VERY nearly got stuck!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
Just spent a few days days at Waves with family, the cottage/house is to a very good standard, bedrooms are fabulous, kitchen is very well equipped, all mod cons on the tech front and brilliant wifi (although not in upper floors)the sofa as published in other reviews is one of the mostcomfortable ever sat on. Location to centre of Whitstable and Harbour Street is superb, a great place, highly recommended
It was a great experience. Everything was just perfect, beach close to the place( and dog friendly), shops,fresh fish market, Whitstable Castle.We enjoyed our stay and our dog was happy .
WE stayed at Waves for the weekend as my daughter was getting married in Whitstable. it was wonderful. We had space , comfort and it felt like home from home. The bride to be and bridesmaids were able to relax in the comfy sitting room whilst waiting for the days activities to start. We were also able to take our little dogs who enjoyed their seaside walks. We are hoping to return for a more relaxing time in the future.
We had a great stay at Waves.
My new husband and I spent our mini-moon here in early July. Having traveled down by train from London, we had a very easy (and flat) walk from the station to the house in no more than 10mins.
The house itself is immaculately presented with all the modern facilities you could possibly want/need. Whilst we had the luxury of having the run of the house just for the two of us, there is more than enough room and space for a group of adults or a family to relax in.
In terms of location, you couldn't ask for better. Literally just off the main high street (but remarkably quiet!) you are spoiled for choice with a plethora of local boutique style shops and more restaurants and pubs than you could possibly need!
There are also some beautiful coastal walks within a couple of minutes of the house.
All in all, we couldn't recommend Waves more highly and will definitely be back to stay.
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|