Travelodge Medway M2
US$84
US$80
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsservice stationlady on receptiongood nights sleepwould stay againeasy accessbed was comfortablemary anneon arrivalnight's sleepfamily roommotorwaymedwayrayabeddingstopovertakeawaykent
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had the misfortune to have to stay at this Travelodge, I needed somewhere to stay overnight after a long trip and having seen all the TV adverts I thought I would try Travelodge, never again.
When I got to the reception late Saturday night the Raya could not have been more helpful but as soon as I went through the door to the corridor I wanted to turn back, the carpets were dirty and stained, the woodwork on walls, doors and door handles was cracked and peeling, I got to my room and enters using a KEY !!
Well !! Again the floor was stained and dirty, I looked for a bedside stand or table but there wasn’t any, I looked for a set of drawers but nothing, so nowhere to put my water and tablets by the bed, nowhere to store anything, I wanted to charge my phone but no sockets by the bed just one on the table for the kettle, I like my phone next to me!!! Only 1 socket is so inadequate, the chair next to the table had someone else’s hair on, I took a photo but it didn’t come out. In the bathroom the wall had been patched and it wasn’t very clean. When I went to get into bed i noticed the bedding was NOT covered entirely but the sheet so the duvet was open which means everyone using that duvet has left germs, I went to bed fully dressed.
The biggest insult for me was that the charge, I had to pay £76 pounds for such poor facilities, the local Premier Inn was only £49 but was full, no surprise really as their facilities are far superior.
I lodged a complaint on their website on the 15/04/18 but they only replied on 27/04/18 asking me to detail everything again, which I will do but I’m not hopeful.
DONT EVER STAY AT THIS TRAVELODGE

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Joe from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Medway M2, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our Medway M2 Travelodge, we are thankful for your comments. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues encountered during your booking. The experience you received concerns us and we would like to investigate your stay further.

Please may we kindly ask you to contact our Customer Service team via the 'Contact Us' page on our website. Please include a link to your review and your booking details. This will enable us to look into your visit more thoroughly with our hotel team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and giving us the opportunity to adjust the service and facilities we provide our guests.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The problem is that this hotel is simply in need of a complete refurb. It is one of the most out of date travelodges that I have been to and, if all were like this, I would not use the chain. The rooms are worn, the whole place smells and looks old, the bathrooms are below acceptable decor and cleanliness. I could go on but you get the picture !!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Medway M2, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Not the best of areas ie next to motorway Medway but quiet despite location and worked well as a base to see National Trust properties. Nearest restaurants really good food but dodgy areas, if you are happy with basic and sightseeing all day or a one night stop over it’s perfect!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I am at convert of the premier inn brand, having stayed in travelogues years ago I was always dissatisfied but then discovered premier inn for comparable cost but with so much more in terms of VFM.

A amity member suggested travelogue was much improved since the old days, so I booked a travelogue based on location and a marginal cost difference of £5 cheaper than the closest premier inn.

Positives first:

Location was good and extremely handy although not too easy to find in the dark .
Parking, free and enough as long as you are not concerned about not being directly in front of the hotel, lack of security or condition of the car park.
Staff were welcoming, engaging and delightful. I have to say they are the brands biggest asset.
Bed very comfortable
Size of room
Warmth

Négative:
Awful smell of must and damp in corridors
Corridors dusty with lots of hair in the carpets
No lift (forgivable)
Bathroom dirty, rust with mould.
Shower ridiculous with a shower curtain that mounds itself to you when you try and shower
Bath even more ridiculous as only slightly deeper than a draining board( slight exagération)
Towels were thin and grey ( note to self, if I had to go again, take my own)

I wrote to the complaint service and was promised a response within 48 hours. 3 weeks later I received the bog standard brush off.

Advise? Stick with what you know... Well done premier inn , you deserve your accolades

PS. Travelogue please take note of your customer views and re think your STP soonest.. in order to save your brand

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Medway M2, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

After an unfortunate incident in the Travelodge car park, the staff were very helpful, honest and supportive.
I appreciate all there efforts to keep people safe.
I would however suggest cctv be installed on these premises for safety of not just the customers but the staff too.
Thanks!