All reviewsroyal engineersa family run hotelbar mealsbridal suitechatham dockyardthree starfull englishfamily roomreception staffbudget hotelincluded breakfastrestaurant staffpleasant stayfriendly hoteltea and coffeecoach tripstayed here for one night
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I have just returned from spending 10 days at the King Charles and the level of service was faultless. There was nothing the staff would not do to make our stay an enjoyable experience. A special thank you to Gabrielle, Stacey and JoJo, your friendliness and level of service was First Class.

If I go back to the Medway towns I would not even consider staying anywhere else but the King Charles Hotel.

As a footnote, I left something in the hotel safe. It was returned to me in Australia within 5 working days.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor ,the wall are quite thick, the halls are carpeted and I never herd and noise from other guests.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
stephendegiorgio, Manager at The King Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your recent review of the King Charles Hotel

I am glad you received your forgotten item safely and quickly, and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

First impressions from the exterior are a little off putting. A huge turn for the better once inside. A pleasant and efficient check in experience. Once in our room again the good experience continued spacious and airy with all the expected facilities.large shower cubicle and bathroom. Slept soundly I'm in a comfortable bed. Breakfast was freshly cooked and the restaurant stall friendly and helpful. At £65 for a double room I think this was great value for money. The decor is perhaps a little dated but the service and overall experience at the top end of what you would expect. I would very happily stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the King Charles Hotel
We are planning to change the exterior of the hotel in the future, and I hope you will visit us again to see the improvements we are making.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Very clean and reasonably priced room. We got ground floor which was a bonus! Decor a bit outdated but more importantly it was clean. Bathroom lovely and clean. Tea and coffee making facilities in room. Polite and friendly staff.
Breakfast was included in price but this wasn’t clear. Went for breakfast, staff grumpy and just stood there staring at us which made me feel uncomfortable. Had to ask what we needed to do. Cereal etc help yourself but have to order cooked breakfast. Check in and check out no problems. Free car park. Would stay here again. Went to a wedding reception here so perfect place to stay for the event.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the King Charles Hotel
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I think it is a bonus to be able to stay in the same venue as the function you are attending.
I am sorry that the fact we offer complimentary breakfast was not made clear to you, but I am glad that you took advantage of it.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The staff are very welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and plenty big enough for us. On reading the hotel brochure we understand that there is some refurbishment done and some still to do but we didn't have any issues.
Beds were comfortable and everything we needed was there. Enjoyable stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
stephendegiorgio, Manager at The King Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for your recent review of the King Charles Hotel
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I think I've said it in the title to be honest. The rooms are nice, restaurant's decent.

Problem is no WiFi and dodgy parking, not good when those criteria are what you need to book a hotel on! Won't be staying again..

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of the King Charles Hotel
We have high speed broadband in the hotel, so I do not understand why you have stated that there is no Wi-Fi.
We also have parking for 200 cars, so I do not know what your issue is there.
I would be happy to discuss both points further if you would like to contact me.