All reviews travel lodge pub next door town centre family room pay and display long stay high street ground floor room isle of wight fresh towels what it says on the tin hot shower comfortable stay couple of nights sea view central location rooms were very clean
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel very friendly staff location is good with access to the town centre with walking distance
Car parking is limited but we parked on the street with no problem they do charge at peak times
Hotel is modern look very clean hotel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrewhargreaves
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Stayed for two nights with my Mum to visit Osborne House. Easy to find, good location close to the shops. Good welcome, but on reaching our room the second bed hadn't been made up, however, Reception said this would be sorted whilst we were out and they were as good as their word. We were on the ground floor and the room was your usual Travelodge layout and standard, very clean and the bathroom was in good state of repair. It was extremely hot and we were very grateful for the fan in the room, true not as good as aircon (might) have been, but considering the heat all round the UK, it helped. I slept on the 'put you up' bed and do wish that Travelodge concentrated on the quality of this mattress as much as they do their standard beds - it was extremely lumpy as I could feel the springs - luckily it was only for 2 nights, I don't think I could have survived more. The following day our room was cleaned, however, the beds weren't refreshed particularly well, the pillows weren't put back in place, left standing up where we had left them. Overall, I do think you get what you pay for - we only needed a base for our stay, so it worked absolutely fine for us and was good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank knits24-7
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

1) Hot
2) Cramped
3) Clean
4) Good location and view
5) Comfy bed

Please invest in air conditioning.

The hotel is ok for one night but not in the summer or when it is hot. We were here in August 2018 after the heatwave. The room and the corridor was hot, fans were provided but only circulated warm air. You could only open the window a few inches (see attached). The hotel even knows it gets a little warm and provides a guidance note (see attached). For cooler months it might be fine but then again the Isle if Wight is really a summer destination. After one night here we are looking forwards to staying at a hotel with air con.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Ryde Isle of Wight Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

During the warmer spells, we know how vital it is to offer rooms to relax and beat the weather. Please allow us to thank you for sharing your helpful review of our Ryde Isle of Wight Travelodge with us.

To achieve a cooler room we have taken measures to ensure our guests are comfortable, we have provided fans and lighter bed linen for our guests.

Your feedback is the utmost importance to us and we will ensure your comments are passed to the hotel team.

Many thanks for your feedback, we do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I came here on 4-6 august,having done a little research of how long you had been there..you opened in 2015 and the standard of the hotel is not good enough...
33 degress outside and only aircon was in reception ..room was just so hot ,the fan did next to nothing as with the window..i had to shower half way through the night..as for the loo,if you wanted to sit on it comfortable then you had to rest your right arm in the sink..
I walked about in bare feet in my room and my feet were black,maybe you need to clean the carpets..
On the 6th i was just getting in the shower and when i got out there was a note to say that the window cleaners were coming,no time given so that you could prepare yourself for them..i turned round to my window closing from the outside,im in just a towel...i was leaving that day and had the room until 12 but was going at 11.the window cleaner then knocked on the door and said he needed to come in,i said i wont be long im leaving,he looked at me and said i'll give you two minutes..the bloody cheeck...
I wont be back

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Ryde Isle of Wight Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel.

We are sorry to learn that the higher temperatures had a negative impact on your experience.

In our ongoing efforts to beat the heat, we do offer fans and lighter bed linen for guests at reception, however we fully appreciate and do apologise that you were not comfortable during your time with us.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in the city, Ryde’s Main Street is 1 minute away. The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are tidy. I would love this hotel, but I don’t understand that they didn’t build air conditioning in every room! Yeah, it is a budget hotel, but still. I would pay extra for a key to put the air conditioner on, if that would be the case. They don’t serve breakfast and there is no service (expect the reception and vending machine), but this is a nice hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Petri I

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Ryde Isle of Wight hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you liked the location of the hotel and found the room to be tidy however we are sorry to hear that your experience was hindered by the lack of air conditioning.

We have taken measures to limit the nuisance caused by the heat and we do apologise if these were not sufficient to give you a good night’s sleep.

Feedback is invaluable and our Hotel Managers regularly review their TripAdvisor reviews in order to fix any issues raised and pass on feedback to their team.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.