All reviews travel lodge pub next door isle of wight pay and display family room long stay high street town centre room was clean ground floor room fresh towels minutes walk away hot shower comfortable stay stayed here for nights couple of nights ideal location
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I came here on 4-6 august,having done a little research of how long you had been there..you opened in 2015 and the standard of the hotel is not good enough...
33 degress outside and only aircon was in reception ..room was just so hot ,the fan did next to nothing as with the window..i had to shower half way through the night..as for the loo,if you wanted to sit on it comfortable then you had to rest your right arm in the sink..
I walked about in bare feet in my room and my feet were black,maybe you need to clean the carpets..
On the 6th i was just getting in the shower and when i got out there was a note to say that the window cleaners were coming,no time given so that you could prepare yourself for them..i turned round to my window closing from the outside,im in just a towel...i was leaving that day and had the room until 12 but was going at 11.the window cleaner then knocked on the door and said he needed to come in,i said i wont be long im leaving,he looked at me and said i'll give you two minutes..the bloody cheeck...
I wont be back

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Ryde Isle of Wight Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel.

We are sorry to learn that the higher temperatures had a negative impact on your experience.

In our ongoing efforts to beat the heat, we do offer fans and lighter bed linen for guests at reception, however we fully appreciate and do apologise that you were not comfortable during your time with us.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in the city, Ryde’s Main Street is 1 minute away. The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are tidy. I would love this hotel, but I don’t understand that they didn’t build air conditioning in every room! Yeah, it is a budget hotel, but still. I would pay extra for a key to put the air conditioner on, if that would be the case. They don’t serve breakfast and there is no service (expect the reception and vending machine), but this is a nice hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Petri I

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Ryde Isle of Wight hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you liked the location of the hotel and found the room to be tidy however we are sorry to hear that your experience was hindered by the lack of air conditioning.

We have taken measures to limit the nuisance caused by the heat and we do apologise if these were not sufficient to give you a good night’s sleep.

Feedback is invaluable and our Hotel Managers regularly review their TripAdvisor reviews in order to fix any issues raised and pass on feedback to their team.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I'm a big fan of Travelodge but this hotel needs to invest in some airconditioning, especially for guests on the top floor. We stayed on a day of high heat and it was so bad in the room that we couldn't stop sweating and then couldn't get any sleep. The staff were sympathetic and put two electric fans in the room, but with tiny windows that don't open more than a few centimetres it had very little effect. It was more than enough to ruin our stay

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Ryde Isle of Wight Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to review our Ryde Isle of Wight hotel.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

When we visit family here, we always use this hotel. It's clean, friendly and the location is spot on. Restaurants, shops etc all within walking distance. Plus the bus stop is just at the bottom of the high street.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018

As I mentioned in the previous page, the mattress could be improved and children's even more so. Some cabinet storage facilities are needed. Air conditioning is preferred though not easy to install, I understand.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family