1,292 results
All reviewspeacocks roamingpeacock loungeshakespeare festivalposter bedlovely groundsset menuwhipsnade zoosteam room and saunabeautiful buildinga bit tiredmurder mysteryspa facilitiescourse dinnera lovely staybuffet styletwin roomwedding reception
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I went to this hotel for a corporate conference, the old Manor House is stunning, open fires, exposed beams, wood panelling, the restaurants were very well presented, fantastic food, well prepared and attentive staff. The conferencing facilities were great, air conditioned and well catered. BUT the room I had was extremely tired and needs lots of updating. The curtains which ran from the high ceiling to the floor were hanging off the rail and would not close, the television was out of the arc, the furniture was very dated, but not in a nice way, I've period, more like Argos from the 1980s. The bathroom needed retailing and the grout was a very off white. The main door was so chipped it looked like it had been kicked in and the carpet was marked and threadbare. The room was a real let down to a venue that promised lots and could be fantastic, for the money I would not go back until they refurbished

Room Tip: Don't have a room in the conference side of the property, that's where mine was
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
PendleyGM, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to visit Pendley Manor and to take the time to post a review.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your comments regarding our hotel.

I do hope that it will not be long before we have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Brilliant value for money. Excellent service from all the staff. Some areas a little tired, but the foyer, staircase and bar /dining rooms have many period features and are beautiful. Bedroom was clean and large.Grounds were great for a stroll, saw the peacocks and rabbits a plenty. Ate out in Tring for the evening meal so cannot comment on dinner at the hotel, but breakfast was perfect. Tried the pool, it's small but fine. Good, relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline62
PendleyGM, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Reviewed 17 April 2016

Stayed here 13-15 April and had a generally very nice stay. Rooms are clean and tidy, although perhaps a little old fashioned (although I don't particularly mind this). Leisure facility with a pleasant pool was most welcome after a very busy day.

Staff were attentive, polite and friendly and food was good. The only problem was a large mixed group of guests who made a horrible racket in the bar on my first evening completely destroying the atmosphere by laughing and shouting. Most other people quietly got up and left, including myself.

This of course is not the hotel's fault, although a quiet word with this group by a manager might have helped. A good place to stay if in Tring, Berkhamstead or Aylesbury and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Staff were friendly, the site has a very interesting history as does the building, but rooms are tired. Dining area is lovely and breakfasts is good, plenty of car parking and walking distance into Tring. Not bad but room for improvement

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us and for elaborating on areas for improvement.

All of these points will be covered by the next phase of our refurbishment programme which is due to commence in the next couple of months and will focus on the bedrooms, bathrooms and spa areas within the hotel. This will be a full refurbishment updating the whole infrastructure not just carrying out a simple redecoration.

I do hope that you will come and visit us again post our refurbishment to see the changes.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Hotel in itself quite shabby. I know there isn't always the money for full refurbishments, however it's the small things that add to the worn out interior. The hotel guide is just a4 paper printed in house and laminated, which gives a cheap impression. It wouldn't be expensive to get loads professionally printed. The clock in reception has stopped. Either take it down or get it fixed! Menus very limited, no bar snacks etc visible to buy. Pelmet and tie backs didn't match the curtains in the bedroom, room stuffy and mattress very lumpy. No TV remote in room, but that was quickly resolved. Paid extra for bath robes, which weren't in room. After looking at pool area decided not to bother so asked for cost of robes to be deducted. At check out, this hadn't been done and when queried, the receptionist was quite rude! All in all, there's nothing that would make us wish to return.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family