All reviews third floor parking permit room was clean travel lodge family room across the road basic hotel local shops wi fi hotel is situated tea and coffee making facilities galleria shopping centre stayed for one night saturday night pleasant stay st albans bays
Reviewed 28 October 2014

On arrival at the Travelodge, I was greeted by the most pleasant receptionist "Ashleigh" she could not have been more helpful, an absolute credit to Travelodge. We then went to our room, feeling very tired after the long journey , and was quite disappointed to discover the shower gel dispenser was completely empty, the bath towel had make up on it, the room itself was very very basic, not even having a glass in the bathroom, but after saying that I am sure if I had gone and spoken to Ashleigh she would have resolved the issues straight away, but as we were so tired we chose instead to just get some sleep. However I was thrilled to discover that pets are welcome, which for me is brilliant as I am a regular visitor to Hatfield having a daughter at uni and having 2 dogs I usually have to leave behind, but not anymore :-)

Room Tip: Tate your own hairdryer
Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amanda f
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Stayed at this hotel, it was very good. They served good meals and drinks but it was a little on the high price range. Rooms were excellent and staff were really helpful. No complaints at all. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank SashaCW80
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Room we stayed had very basic facilities. TV- only few useless channels. Breakfast was a nightmare as a group of 20+ stormed in suddenly. The staff clearly did not read the requests early as this left us short of food. They started arranging tables for the group ignoring people who were already dining.Felt like dining in a market place. Also noise in the night as this is situated near a main bus station.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from bus terminal.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daham P
TravelodgeUK, Niki from Customer Services at Travelodge Hatfield Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We want our customers to enjoy their experience in our café so we are sorry to learn that you did not receive a high level of service on this occasion. Feedback like yours is important to us and will be used to improve our service.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Staying over to see my son at the university and then heading into London on business. Ideal location on the A1(M). The receptionist (Dan ??) was very helpful with sorting out parking outside the hotel, so got taxi to the station - much better. Room clean, bed firm, breakfast okay. Good value stay compared to the surrounding hotels. Only one issue - could do with providing soap (or selling it !!). Good area around the bar to relax and watch TV. That happy, I am staying over next week for three nights, as is easy access to the university, London and a night out in St Albans.

Room Tip: The staff are very helpful - thank them !!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

Not going to go on about this place. Its a shame as the hotel is ok and the nearby Galleria is great but what spoiled the whole trip and what really annoyed me was that I was given a ticket to display on my windscreen by the hotel so I could park for free but was still given a penalty notice. Staff at the hotel weren't interested. Tried to appeal it but the photos UKPC took very cleverly didn't show the one place where my ticket was!!! Threatening letters followed threatening letters through my door and emails to the hotel manager have been ignored. Incredibly disgraceful customer service and customers shouldn't be held hostage by your parking wardens. I wouldn't recommend anywhere that had UKPC patrolling their carpark.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nikkilou1969
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Hatfield Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We want all aspects of our guests’ stay with us to reflect our high standards so we are very sorry to learn about the poor experience you had with parking at our hotel. Please visit the contact us page on our website to allow us to investigate further.