“Lovely pub, great food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Went for a drink after work with about 7 of us, lovely outdoor patio area with Plenty of tables. Can take a little while to get served here though. Decided to have a bite to eat which was lovely, probably the best pub food in the area.

Date of visit: June 2018
RedLion H, Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear tripper123765,

I'm glad you enjoy it here. We do have a very popular garden and can get extremely busy. We try to get our team levels spot on and generally get it right but occasionally can get caught out at random times.

I'm happy to hear you enjoy the food here and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Went with my friend for lunch, lovely place and a good atmosphere, staff friendly and good service. Meals are very nice I had my birthday lunch there as well with all my family found no fault at all

Dear janet202,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad you all enjoyed your visit with us.

See you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We had planned a summer family re-union on Sunday as a picnic in the country - after all this was a sizzling summer and it hadn't rained for weeks. However, by Saturday night the forecast was high winds, cooler and rain. So with a party of 15 where could we go that was dry, warm and welcoming? It's not always easy to make a late booking with such a large group but the Red Lion were positive. We were made welcome and there was no fuss despite one family being delayed by traffic. We were then impressed that all the food arrived simultaneously. Food was great and we never felt rushed. Thank you Red Lion!

Date of visit: July 2018
RedLion H, Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hi Robin,

Many thanks for your positive feedback. We will always try our best to accommodate our gust no matter the party size or time of booking, such feedback as yourselves is what drives our team to do as good as they do, so many thanks once again and I look forward to seeing you booked in again.

Kind regards

Rex Cole

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Thank you so much to Jamie and his team for making our 20th Wedding Anniversary such a success last night . They went out of their way to make it special. We were so lucky to have Battle Prom in the background, fireworks were amazing. What a great place to celebrate something special. Thanks guys X

Date of visit: July 2018
RedLion H, Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Anything for the Fomes family!!

I'm glad you had a great time and once again congratulations on 20 happy years married! Here's to 20 more. You're welcome for the fireworks too - just one of our extra bits we decided to throw in for you all ;)

See you all soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Bought an ice cream and the dust was floating. Didn t wanted to complain and didn’t touch the ice cream either but what upset me is that the waitress took my fool cup without saying or asking nothing. Thanks a lot

Dear Bogdan L,

I do apologise for the dirty sundae glass. It should have been noticed and rectified for you. We generally get great feedback but I am truly sorry for the service you received.

Please do accept my apology and know that we will endeavour to rectify any issues. Please do let us know at the time so that we can change for you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards