“Different and Very Delicious”

Turan Bar & Indian Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Hatfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant continues to delight. The atmosphere is more like a cafe and the widow to the kitchen is a fun feature. We ate predominantly starters and we think these are the best thing here...and we were not disappointed. Aromatic peppered potatoes with some fresh peppers to clean the palate between sublime mouthfuls, chilli paneer served with fried onions and deliciously spicy and the bhindi fry, an aromatic delight.

sagarmatha c, Manager at Turan Bar & Indian Tapas Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear valued customer,

It is extremely delightful to see that you had enjoyed the food and the experience at Turan Restaurant. With the help of feedback of our clients, we can further improve ourselves. On behalf of the restaurant we would like to thank you for writing your review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

It’s been few years since I came to Turan

It’s changed ownership and the food is now really exceptional!
I had the Fish platter (sizzling) delicious with

huge prawns, tandoori tilapia
I was recommended the jalfrezi gravy with chapati and pilau rice my own accompaniment choice

Cooked over coals in kitchen I can see amazing venue really attentive staff and so tasty I ordered a take away portion for tomorrow’s lunch

Dear valued customer,

We are very glad to see that you enjoyed our fish platter! Our chefs take great care to make sure the dishes are tasty as always! We thank you deeply for taking the time to write your review and will try to further improve ourselves.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

First off, the food is great. I've been there multiple times and very few dishes disappointed me (I'm looking at you, lobster). The food may be slow to prepare depending on what you order, but it's perfectly reasonable for a dinner. No one seems to go there on Sunday evenings, which is great for me.

What's perhaps less impressive is the service. They don't seem very in tune with the guests and will occasionally forget to bring the water you asked for or the order in which you asked for the dishes. I can live with that, but as someone who eats out a lot, I really notice the difference.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and experience at our restaurant! We strive to make sure we serve excellent customer service and good quality food. We are sorry to hear that the sautéed lobster dish was not up to par. Thanks to your review, we will further better our customer service and the quality of our food so that none of the dishes could disappoint! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

You can get some decent paneer dishes and is very good for vegetarian. Food is excellent, the service let’s itself down tho. Would definitely go again. I also really enjoyed the vegetable Manchurian. Have done both lunch and dinner, excellent food!

Dear valued customer,

We are extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed our vegetarian options! Thank you for taking the time to write your review as this will help us further better our customer service. We look forward to having you with us soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I had visited to this restaurant on my friend's recommendation. I had ordered for paneer shashlik and chilli chicken boneless. The starters are in massive portions and taste full of flavour. I like spicy food so I had customized my dish with 3 chilli hot.The staff are very friendly and nice environment to go and hang out with friends. I had recommended to my friends as well. surely visit again.

sagarmatha c, Manager at Turan Bar & Indian Tapas Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you so much for giving time to write such a beautiful feedback and really appreciated for that. Your valuable comments are always really important for us. Thank you once again and look forward to your next visit soon.

Kind Reagds