2,235 results
All reviews afternoon tea tree house croquet lawn tasting menu the main hotel special occasion junior suite breakfast hamper sandwiches attention to detail hot tub james martin birthday treat service charge grounds are beautiful out of this world birthday card
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Popped in for coffee with friends who had been married there 12 years previously. They had an amazing pumpkin display at the entrance. There are a series of rooms with large, comfy sofas. Service was nice but not as attentive as it used to be according to friends. Some work being done on the outside patio didn't help. Not sure I would pay min of £360 a night to stay with definitely a pleasant stop for coffee.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2016

I spent one night here and I appreciate so much the calm environment beautiful architecture, decor and very caring service. And the dinner was delicious. I definitely would love to come back to spend more night for week end next time !!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Loved our weekend at Chewton Glen with the family for a birthday celebration. The way it combines exclusivity with relaxed family friendliness was absolutely perfect for us. Always great service with a smile

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

I first visited Chewton Glen when I was 19 and have wanted to return ever since. 38 years later I did and what a treat it was! As we have a dog we were restricted to having a Treehouse Suite, but that was no hardship (apart from cost) as I have dreamed of staying in one ever since I read a review of one by Caitlin Moran. We had had a dreadful summer as my husband had a big operation so had been stuck at home while he recovered. This break needed to be close to London, where we live, dog friendly, offer a comfortable room for my husband to relax in and plenty of things for me to do. Plus I wanted to be near the sea. It delivered on all counts and was, in my opinion, worth every penny of the substantial cost. The weather was gorgeous so we both made good use of our huge balcony and I enjoyed the hot tub and the spa. I even fitted in a Pilates class and some aqua aerobics. And the grounds are absolutely stunning with a mown grass track meandering through it which I was able to enjoy in bare feet! Thank you ground staff so much. The short walk to the beach was an added bonus. My ONLY small complaint was that dogs are not allowed in any of the outdoor eating areas - despite being told that they were on the phone. Would it not be possible to have one small area outside where dog owners could sit and have coffee/lunch/tea/drinks when the weather is nice? However apart from that it was the perfect break and EXACTLY what we needed. I hope we will be back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise J
Reviewed 24 October 2016

My wife had told me what to pack and gave me a postcode for the SatNav and we were off for a few days to celebrate my 60th birthday. After 90 minutes we arrived at the Chewton Glen Hotel and Spa, but there was a bigger surprise in store. My wife had booked one of the exclusive tree-house suites. These are incredible, with a hot tub on the balcony, a wood-burning stove and of course the tranquillity. We opted not to use the main hotel very much as it was quite busy and on the morning we did have breakfast in the dining room there was a delightful child crying all the way through eating our meal. One day we took a gentle stroll down to the beach and had a lovely walk to Mudeford Quay and back, just in time for afternoon tea on our balcony.

Couple of small niggles:- my wife asked for tomato juice for breakfast which did not arrive and we had to phone reception to get some (which arrived in a nice carton) and there was a spider floating in one of the jugs on the breakfast buffet table (we pointed this out to the waiting staff). But overall it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and well worth a return visit in the future.

Room Tip: If you like peace and quiet (and can afford it) choose a tree-house suite.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple