Review Highlights
Top Job - The Kitchen Cookery School

Attended an Italian Cooking course led by Chef Steve Bulmer. It was an excellent 4 hours... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
stuarts628
Northampton, United Kingdom
via mobile
Tuesday lunch

This was our first visit to the Kitchen as we usually eat in the Dining Room in the main hotel. We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
BobH764
Fareham, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews cookery school cookery course cookery class chef steve pasta james martin glass of wine chewton glen curries focaccia food was amazing christmas present his knowledge love cooking shellfish my daughter coffee and pastries
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Had a birthday surprise with the Saturday BBQ session at the Cookery School with Steve Bulmer and his wonderful assistant Jan. It was an absolutely brilliant day with all schools of craft over open fire and BBQ cooking together with preparation and tips. The best bit is we got to eat it!

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

I was given a cookery course as a birthday present and went along with my husband and daughter. One of my best presents ever .

We were given a friendly welcome . We were expertly taught by Chef Steve . He explained and demonstrated and had us cooking pasta , risotto, focaccia and more. We were also ably assisted by Jan and Polly who prepared all the ingredients , were on hand to lend a hand if needed , washed up and cleared everything away . Always a bonus !
We have taken away food , knowledge and plenty of ideas for future cooking at home .
A great day out for any one at any level of cooking ability .

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 22 December 2020

We booked for lunch after we seen menu on website but when we got there they presented us with completely different menu which was fish mainly and pizza ,pizza was just disgusting and fish ,I cook better at home ,overpriced and so disappointing I never will recommend or go back

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

We spent an afternoon in late September at The Kitchen Cookery school with Jan and Polly and it was excellent! My wife booked the course ‘ a taste of Italy’ where we baked focaccia with fresh pesto, and delicious espresso chocolate pot with a kahlùa cream and biscotti.
The atmosphere was extremely friendly and relaxed and we thoroughly enjoy the day and will definitely be booking more courses soon.
For those of you worried about booking during Covid, please don’t worry! The school was cleaned meticulously, we were given a Covid kit and regularly washed our hands however it did not feel intrusive. It was so well done we forgot about Covid and just enjoyed the class.

A fabulous day, thank you Jan and Polly and we will be back soon for the baking course.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

I have done a couple of the classes here and was looking forward to another.

The course was run by Jan with help from Polly. The ladies are lovely and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Although the school can take around 12 participants, there were only 4 of us.
Covid was taken seriously and it never felt unsafe and had no effect on the enjoyment of the day.

The course runs with a short demo after which the participants have a go and this is repeated until everything is made.

Lunch is provided and was one of the nicest pizzas I have eaten.

There is an enormous amount of food to take home and boxes are provided.

It's a really fun day out and we were busy through until just after 3.30pm and by then I needed a rest.

Should mention that it is so much nicer than cooking at home: top notch equipment, weighing out and washing up done for you!

It's not cheap but I had a voucher as a gift and would happily go to another course.

Date of experience: September 2020