All reviews groupon deal family room one night stay for sunday lunch evening meal friendly hotel plenty of hot water christmas party waiting staff full english glass of wine portsmouth veg goodwood disco venue
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Expensive and noisy. Visited on business and really needed a place to rest my head for one night. The room had a very worn bed, with depressions in the mattress from the previous countless guests and the pillows seemed as worn out as the bed. The trash cans had not been emptied and that made me question wether the bedsheets had been properly changed...? I had a room at the front of the hotel and was kept awake by vehicles hitting the loose drain cover in the busy roundabout just outside my room. I realise that the hotel isn’t responsible for the road maintenance; however, when a guest pays a competitive premium rate, they do expect reasonable quality and service for that investment, Unfortunately, it didn’t help that the fire alarm went off at 3:30 am and I seemed to be the only person to evacuate the building. There was no evacuation, no response from the police or fire brigade, and I was given a very dismissive apology by the management- Hence the poor review at 4:00am. Not impressed at all.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms at the front of the building
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Allyson S
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We had two double rooms and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were checked by Nikki who was so welcoming. Both rooms were at the rear of the hotel - so very quiet. One room was delightful and although the other room was clean it was far too small to qualify as a double, especially the bathroom which was really tiny and it was virtually impossible to use the basin (no plug) because of the glass shelf position above the basin. But for one night, it was adequate. The Groupon offer provided two courses for dinner and a glass of wine. The food which was served by Sarah was excellent and very well presented. Sarah was very attentive and extremely pleasant. Breakfast the following morning did not disappoint, everything was cooked fresh and to perfection and again the waitress was very helpful and most pleasant (sorry cannot remember her name). We shall certainly return but hopefully not to room 10 (only because it was too small).

Room Tip: Not room 10 if you are a couple and avoid rooms at front of property due to traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018

the room we had at the front of hotel,was basic.but for the price on groupon.cant complain.but the noise from the lose drain cover in the road keep us awake all night.so if you stay here,ask for room at the back.the food we had for evening meal was fantastic & so was breakfast.the staff are a great bunch to.will be back again for the meal,but if we stayed,would ask for room at the back.dont know how you do it for the price.shame about the noise of drain cover in the road

Room Tip: chosse a room at the back of hotel,to avoid lose drain cover in the road,where traffie go over it & makes a noise
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Really disappointed. I booked an Afternoon Tea deal for 2 through Groupon for my friends Birthday. Total cost was £17.50 with a glass of prosecco each.
I was impressed to be asked what fillings we wanted in our sandwiches. These were obviously very freshly made but with no garnish. Scones were nice and warm. Our cake selection was awful though - 2 slices of a coffee loaf and 2 slices of a sponge loaf! This is not what I consider a cake selection!
This aside the place was very clean and the waitress was helpful. Also our glass of prosecco was a small bottle of prosecco each which worked out to be a glass and half each. I believe an Afternoon Tea should be served with a decent selection of cakes - this is something they definitely need to work on.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carlly S
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A little warning this hotel is not worth the money.
The rooms - We were given room number 2 which is on the front over looking the roundabout, it was so noisy and very cold due to the secondary glazing pane missing. We asked to be moved after some huffing, puffing and tutting. We were moved the second room it was quite and warm, however the room was tried. I was frightened to use the shower in case it came away from the wall anymore. They laid carpet on top of carpet. There was dust in the open wardrobe and the top of the radiator, the pull cord was broken to the light in the bathroom and the fan was extremely noisy.
The food - I bought a afternoon tea as a surprise for me and my partner. I was disappointed - for the price we got two finger sandwiches, one scone each a small ramakin of jam and cream to share and a cake each.
The Dinner was also a disappointment I had a roast which looked like it had been reheated the gravy was congealed, the veg was so over cooked it mashed on the fork. I have never been served chips with a roast. My partner had a mixed seafood dish which looked like it had been all deep fat fried. The breakfast was no better they didn't evan have an option for milk it was full or full.
We didn't stay for the second night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple