“Superb, as always”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2021

First visit here since lockdown, and what a treat it was. Beautifully cook, succulent food, friendly and efficient staff , and very reasonably priced - a joy to be back.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank balticbash
Write a reviewReviews (880)

Reviewed 5 June 2021

We came to this restaurant as a treat to celebrate my birthday. It was such a same as my pizza arrived not being the one I ordered and the drinks I wanted weren't available. The pizza was also cold and not nice at all. The portions were much smaller than they used to be and this restaurant was much worse than previous 5 star visits. The salad was missing from some one else's mains and pasta undercooked. Service was also very slow. The waiter was not well trained and unwilling to help us. He said "that would be very hard for me to find out" when asking about gluten free options.

Date of visit: June 2021
Nicolino1993, Owner at Nicolino's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear customer
I’m very sorry you had a disappointing experience.we are trying our best to provide good food and
experience in this challenging times for the industry. We do feel that your company already left us a review
and we have taken the examples on board and will aim for it not to happen again.
Yours sincerely
Nicolino

Reviewed 2 June 2021

Please, please try this wonderful Italian restaurant, u won't b disappointed. I had the baked avacado and crab starter, followed by salmon, haddock and crab pancake - just wish I could go every day! All this for £12 - unbelievable value

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 3 March 2021

I have visited Nicolino's many times growing up. My parents still remember their first visit, when I was just a baby. Back then of course there were plastic chairs and red and white checked tablecloths. Still to this day, the wonderful staff still remember them, and see customers returning as a cherished reunion. Let's not even mention the food, because I would be here all day. The restaurant as we know it has come so far, but it has kept it's wonderful atmosphere and its key principals. Good food, nice wine, and wide smiles.

Date of visit: April 2020
1  Thank BobinSnood
Reviewed 29 November 2020

Tonight I ordered a take away meal from Nicolino's. On my arriving to the restaurant I heard lots of shouting coming from the kitchen. The owner (Nicolino) was shouting at a member of the staff. I was shocked to see that behaviour. The pizza was lovely but shame about the owner attitude.
I will not return to the restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Johnalby90
Nicolino1993, Owner at Nicolino's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Sorry Sir
You must been the only customer in the restaurant unfortunately
I was having a bad day
Could append to all of us I regret very much no excuse for it
All OK now