“Lovely staff ”

Ranked #23 of 394 Restaurants in Salford
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Salford Quays and just opposite the Lowry theatre, Lime is an independent, family run, food and drink venue, open 7 days a week, which is celebrating it's 18th year of trading in 2018! All dishes are cooked daily from scratch using fresh, locally sourced ingredients, with menus stretching across brunch, lunch and evening service. This year also saw the installation of our sushi kitchen, offering up made to order, hand rolled sushi & sashimi dishes alongside our classic A La Carte. The relaxed, open plan bar area provides an extensive wine list, a large selection of draught and bottled craft beers, ales and lagers and a cocktail menu bursting with both classic & innovative concoctions Our team of friendly and welcoming staff ensures Lime is a favourite with theatre visitors, local workers,families and weekend revelers alike.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I work close by here and pop in for a wee one most nights when I finish. On this occasion however I purchased a drink elsewhere and sat outside. The weather was quite cold and where I had been was closed so I sat outside lime bar and used their heaters. I didn't want to go inside as I had not bought my drink from there but the young lady who was clearing glasses (Heather) saw how cold I was and said I was welcome to sit inside.

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank pamd491

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We wanted somewhere to have tea while our kids were at Macklemore concert, so tried here. Lovely place, food was really good, my husband had the sushi, which he enjoyed.Was very noisy but was Good Friday!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Booked to eat here for a friends birthday.
Explained we was traveling down and wanted to bring a cake plus decorations for table and this was not a issue.
I had a share starter with friend the meze platter,husband had calamari.
All was very nice.
I had for main the Friday fish chips,my friend had the cod loin.
Husband and friend had steak which was cooked to order and worth the money.
We had cosmopolitan cocktails which were very nice.
No desserts as we had my friends cake.
Service was prompt and staff very attentive.
Will defiantly book again when visiting Manchester.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a very, very busy bar/restaurant adjacent to the Lowry Theatre. Despite being packed, the staff are incredibly efficient in getting tables ready, taking your orders and getting you your food. This is crucial when you are time-deadlined at the theatre. We had a great meal there last night. There is a Pre-Theatre menu with three options for starters, mains and desserts at £16.95 for two courses or £19.95 for three, as well as an a la carte menu.
My wife chose the lamb skewers from the a la carte menu which were accompanied by flatbreads, hummus and a Greek salad, while I chose the smoked haddock risotto from the set menu. We both had the lemon posset with raspberry sorbet for dessert. The food is high quality for a fast-food establishment and we are not easily impressed!
Total bill was £50 for 2 including drinks and service.
Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Visited lime today to try out their new sushi menu - the sushi kitchen has been opened within its restaurant & bar operation. A vast selection of the most tempting dishes I have seen on a menu outside of the capital - absolutely spoilt for choice.
The dishes served far exceeded any expectations I might have had from a manchester restaurant - delicious, outstanding, wonderful, I could go on, I’m sure you get the message of how good it all was.
Lime is defiantly going to be my go to place for sushi and I am looking forward to my next visit.