“Hgv driver”

Ranked #30 of 54 Restaurants in Waltham Abbey
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Our restaurant seats 48 customers in a clean relaxed child friendly area, providing fresh quality cooked food ranging from your English breakfast to the traditional roast dinner,our evening menu change's every day to give a vast variety of meals to choose from which includes Italian,Indian & English dishes. once you have finished your meal you could try some of our desserts followed by a drink from our licensed bar, We cater for everyone that comes through our door providing a pleasant atmosphere to dine in. The premises are fully air conditioned/heated with ladies & gents toilets/ showers. PLEASE NOTE LAST FOOD ORDERS ARE TAKEN 30 MINUTES BEFORE CLOSING TIME.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I used to stay at J26 3 times a week but now only when I have no choice.why do they charge 4 pounds extra for a meal when it can be added to ticket price.The showers are dirty and only cleaned once a day.The food is excellent as are the staff a good team.Give the drivers a choice about the 4 pounds extra and more drivers will use the cafe.snap is going to kill your business,what a shame.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I stopped for breakfast and ended up having the spicy chicken burger and chips , the chicken burger was good but the frozen chips and onion rings had no taste , the staff were friendly and brought my food out in about 10 minutes , overall a good place to go for a something to eat .

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Hubby has been parking here for a while, but sadly due to increased costs (not their fault)
His firm will only pay £25 of it.
What is annoying is that, when he paid for parking, he wasn't offered or told a shower was included and was given the impression that this was extra to pay.
The same was with his meal. No mention of two hot drinks that should be included.
They give the impression that this is extra.
Maybe some extra training would be better, just to clarify what'sincluded in the £31.

EssexDaveyboy, Manager at Junction 26 Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi there we have always included meals 2 teas and showers in the parking price ever since we first opened. Every parking ticket issued comes with a tear of slip with a printed statement showing meal voucher. Shower keys have always been handed out to drivers that are parked in the evening without charge as 99% of drivers would have parked for the night.
We now charge for parking:
Cash/ card £28.00
Snap/ fuel card £31.80
These prices include 20% vat and snaps/fuel cards 10% commission.
There is a £3.00 voucher which covers the cost of 1 of any meals displayed.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Be aware the price has just increased by £5 . It is now £31 to park cant see many companies paying that . Stayed there for years be my last visit. Please improve your facilities like the toilets and showers and bring then into this century am sure with this price increase it can happen. Bye bye jct 26 but my company won't pay that.

1  Thank Dale W
EssexDaveyboy, Manager at Junction 26 Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi Dale. Sorry to hear your disappointment regarding the increase parking charges but as you may be aware we have not increased our charges for a number of years. Although all our expenses have increased over this time. With regards to the £31 to park this price includes a meal, 2 hot drinks and shower. Please be aware that straight away we have to deduct £5.17 VAT off this price. Leaving us £23.83 to cover the cost of a meal and drinks and parking and showers. Then all the regular cost i.e. Rates/ services/wages and stock etc. Which contrary to popular believe doesn't leave much in the way of profit hence the reason there are so few independent truck parks around. The whole point of this price increase is to move forward and do work on the building and the showers will be refurbed and extended. Regards Dave Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for breakfast, paid £7.70 for making my own breakfast by selecting items from the extra list as breakfast 1;2;3 did not appeal to me. On the large price list displayed on the wall the eggs are £.80 each, bacon is £. 90 and chips are £1.30. Coffee is £1.80. I paid £7.70 for two eggs, 2 bacon, chips and a coffee. When I questioned staff I was told that if I bought one of their breakfasts I would have been charged the regular price however because I just went for extras and not a breakfast I was charged extra. What a load of rubbish, trading standards will be notified, they should attend as it is illegal to sell products at a higher price than advertised. I am writing this review as this not the only place that rips you off. Rip off Britain!!

4  Thank Peter F