“Good pub food”

Ranked #241 of 721 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited here for a lunch and it was lovely to have proper pub grub. The meals were all of a good standard and the prices were reasonable e.g. only £5.95 for a baguette with chips and salad garnish. The rare beef in one baguette was lovely and rare with a home made horseradish sauce. The brie and home made chutney in the other baguette was delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just dropped in for pie and pint my goodness how lovely was our meal steak and ale so tender my mash crispy on top smooth underneath wife had chicken pie she just loved it swopped pint for small glass wine lovely meal well done all at angel Inn we will be back very soon .

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Friday 13th turned out to be a lucky day for our family wake, held in the Angel restaurant which is given entirely to the occasion, the buffet was superb and
Vegetarian and Gluten free food was available, thank you. We were let down by another pub we had booked for 40 people and were told on Wednesday 11 April they were unable to accommodate us - their loss as we will NEVER use that pub
again, we can only say a massive thanks to all the staff and kitchen for a wonderful buffet. Thank you again to all at THE ANGEL you really did turn out to be our GUARDIAN ANGELS .100 per cent recommended .

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Today myself and my daughter decided to pop into the Angel for lunch I used to like this place because it's a dog friendly pub as always I ordered a sausage for my dog after that everything went downhill. I ordered Ham egg and chips I was presented with a lump of which tasted like old roasted pork obviously left over from Sunday green round the edges it was very unacceptable cold beans and the eggs were so thick with slime but burnt around the edge I wasn't going to say anything but thought I've been coming here long enough I will just mention this when I cleared my table.... As I approached the barmaid with the long blonde hair she was rude obnoxious and stipulated that she'd sold 10 of these meals already today (1.15pm) and nobody had yet complain I then even said to her that my dog turned his nose up at this she replied well you have a fussy dog then don't you? I use this establishment at least three times a month but I can honestly say after the way I was treated by the barmaid today and the quality of the food I will not be returning.

2  Thank Michaela365
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Miserable men and adequate food! We were greeted by an over-officious barman, who made quite the spectacle of apologising for the wait to the people behind us! So sorry it took time to order 5 meals!! The food itself was adequate! Over cooked meat and stale bread.