All reviews car park air con mobile phone signal excellent location per day large tv family room free wifi visiting family checking in town centre following morning comfortable room tea and coffee cooked breakfast short break seafront
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I decided to book a stay at Clacton on sea seafront Premier Inn hotel for my 30th birthday I was very disappointed the room was very dusty the windows did not open and the air conditioning did not work but the worst situation was that I caught a very bad rash after sleeping there for one night the rush was all over my neck very itchy and bumpy I had no rash before I entered the hotel room I slept overnight and woke up with this rash when I got back to London I had to take antibiotics to clear it up it took a week and a half for the rash to go the room had flies in more than one fly. It was extremely stuff in the toilet seat was broken I do not recommend this hotel to anybody not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 3 October 2018

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed over for one night the hotel is right on the sea front with parking at the rear.clean rooms only one problem the lift smelt of urine!
I would stay here again and take the family great value for money and close to all the restaurants and pubs

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank defendersvx
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

So, very familiar with Prem inn set up, expected the usual.
Disappointed to learn I had to pay for parking which is non-refundable apparently, even though parking is advertised free for guests, the same reception staff work the bar and restaurant, clearly work hard just the two of them. Also disappointed to learn that half the menu was “off” as had sold out, even though I was the first customer in on a Friday eve. Lift broke down twice in one day, staff too busy to even notice the alarm. Not quite the usual standard I’ve come to expect!
Not the staff fault, but management need to address this issue of minimal staff numbers doing everything

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This hotel is on the old site of the Waverley Hotel, and is right opposite the pier and gardens on the sea front. The car park charge is £2 a night, which is very reasonable considering how close to the sea front you are. As you arrive there are 4 blue badge bays on the left and access is through the back door of the hotel. Usefully it has automatic doors. On check in we met Sue who was very helpful. We had booked an accessible room as my husband can not walk far, and had telephoned in advance to make sure we had a wet room rather than lowered bath. We had room 1 which was really close to reception. Initially I was concerned that the closeness to the corridor door would mean a lot of noise, but we were not bothered by this at all. Our room faced the sea front which was nice, and the window let in lots of light. The room did appear to have had some water damage from a leak in the ceiling at one corner but I didn't notice this at first. Large tv and comfortable bed and usual tea and coffee (you could collect more from the foyer from a basket to save asking staff). There was a large floor stand fan in the room as the air con didn't seem to cool - so this was useful as in the morning the room was very hot from the sunlight. Didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food there. Staff were very helpful and stored some medicine for me in their fridge. Hotel is so close to the beach, pier, town and shops and restaurants you will have no problem finding places to eat. They were having work done on the 2nd day and the blue badge parking wasn't available which made it a bit awkward, but otherwise a really good stay in a brilliant location.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view or a wet room if you need it
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple