The Orchards Holiday Park - Haven
US$77
PremierInn.com
US$53
Travelodge
All reviewsmash and barrelpapa johnslive loungeprestige caravanspar shopoutdoor poolon sitechinese takeawayferry boat innsea wall walktouring areago kartsnight time entertainmenttake awaytouring wardenevening entertainment was goodnice holiday
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Apon arrival to the arcades, me and my group were all taken into a back room by 3 security guards accused of smoking and being in possession of cannabis. I understand that is this nessacary as many children are present on this site and they have a duty of care however when finding out we did not possess any drugs we were just told to move on and were offered no apology for the inconvenience.

I know feel like the rest of my holiday I am being judged by both staff and security alike and I feel that measures like this cannot be taken place unless valid evidence is provided.

I will not be returning to this site in the near future and would advise many not to do the same.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gregg-8899
Orchards H, Manager at The Orchards Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Gregg-8899

Thank you for taking the time to review The Orchards Holiday Village.

Our Security Team do have to be very observant as we do operate a no drugs tolerance on Park but I am sorry to hear that after it was made clear that no drugs were found on you, that no apology was made. I can assure you we do not take lightly the decision to search any of our guests.

Please accept my apologies on this matter.

I do hope that although you may not return here, that you do enjoy future holidays with Haven.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Great place if you have kids, there's enough entertainment for them and it's a safe environment. If not.....Caravans!! Badly insulated (For noise and heat) poorly equipped, cramped and all spaced too close together. There must be better places than The Orchards....

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Squrrox99
Orchards H, Manager at The Orchards Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hi Squrrox99

Thank you for your review of The Orchards Holiday Village.

It was nice to hear you and your children enjoyed the entertainment and you felt you could relax knowing your children were in a safe environment.

I am disappointed to hear you felt our caravans were to close together, our caravans are over the legal requirement apart meaning, we don’t need fire walls between the caravans. Also, all our pitches have a parking space next to the them, making them even more spacious.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Me and my partner stayed here a year ago and were offered an early booking discount if we ordered a 2018 holiday and the price was amazing value, can't remember off the top of my head but I think it was about £120 for a week for a 2 bedroom deluxe, just couldn't turn that down.

We ended up in an upgraded Prestige caravan having been offered the chance to pay to upgrade in the week leading up to the holiday. We were happy enough to stick with what we had payed for but again seemed to be lucky enough to be given a better caravan, which ironically was a 5 second walk from the one we stayed in last year!

Check in was fine, caravan was in a nice condition though we did notice the blinds needed cleaning very badly, especially in the bathroom. Other than that though it was clean and tidy as expected.

Went downhill from there as we had a caravan next to use with a party in full swing at around 4pm, very loud music from very inconsiderate neighbours. They went at 6 only to return and carry on at around 10pm. The music got louder and eventually someone knocked, not sure who, but the music was turned down. As it was our first day there we had an early night....only to be woken up by them at 12....then we had a night from hell that involved listening to drunken drama that a group of 30somethings should have grown out of by their age. Suffice to say we didn't get any sleep until 4am. We were going to call security but figured we didn't want any bad feeling so left it with the intention of doing it the following night if it happened again. Thank god they went the next day, even if the driver was blatently still drunk from the night before.

The following 2 days saw some very extreme weather that lead to flooding of much of the site, areas under 5" of water were widespread (the ducks enjoyed it though), not much Haven can do about extreme weather but we were impressed by the fact the following day they had pumped away all the water. Great job well done.

Most of the stay was fine, Papa Johns was a little disappointing with very stingy toppings, payed for extra mushrooms and had literally 2 small bits on each slice of a large pizza. Wouldn't buy again.

The arcades....most machines were so unreliable, had to call over staff 5 times in an hour on 2 machines, over the week we got to know them better than we should have had to. The staff there were mostly great but the company running the arcade for Haven needs some words to be had. Other than reliability issues they only seemed to restock the 2p machines once a week. On the Friday many were empty other than 2p's. Some of the change machines were out of action all week, going by reviews this is a long term problem. Overall, the arcade was very poor compared to so many that i've been to in the last few years, a shadow of what Haven arcades used to be like when I visited often in the 90's at other sites.

The worst bit though again is that residential area in the middle, i'm sure it's got rougher, we walked through it to explore the rest of the camp and how people were driving, talking, the state of the place, felt like a travellers site and it's a real shame. We went to the Chinese located in the middle of that and we felt very intimidated by the place. Some of the language of the locals made me happy not to have children as I wouldn't have wanted them hearing or seeing what we saw.

Overall though a nice stay and would stay again for the location but only because of the price and location, the arcades and residential area make me think twice though. We had a nice time and miss it already but with how busy it was leading up to the bank holiday weekend i'm glad we went when we did. It's much nicer when it's quiet.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Dan J

Thank you for reviewing The Orchards Holiday Village.

I am very pleased to hear you was happy with the caravan you were allocated on your stay and the excellent price you paid.

I am sorry to hear you experienced some noise disturbance while on holiday with us but glad to hear the issue was dealt with, and the guests removed from Park. We do inform all guests we are a family park, and any unsuitable behaviour would result in you being asked to leave Park.

It is lovely to hear that although at the time you stayed, we suffered with some extreme weather, the team were able to clear most the areas of water so you could still enjoy your holiday.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Orchards in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t even give this site one star. The whole place was dirty. We camped and the facilities were the worst we have ever seen and we go camping every year. I never saw a cleaner once cleaning the toilets / showers. We ate one night in the mash and barrel bar / cafe. My other half had the mixed grill. Was vile, chicken was so over cooked it would have snapped if he hit it on the table. Half the items were unavailable on the menu. Took over an hour for our food and it’s not even busy.

Worst camp site ever!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Orchards H, Manager at The Orchards Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hello Donna A

I am disappointed to hear you was unhappy with your holiday on our Touring Field.

I can confirm that we have a Touring Warden on every day from 9am until 6pm, who does regular checks our Touring Block, I am extremely sorry that on the occasions you used it, you didn’t find it up to our normal high standards. I am sure had you have raised this with one of Our Touring Wardens, we would have rectified this straight away.

Sorry to hear that your meal in The Mash and Barrel was not up to standard, I am sure had you have raised your issues with The Team, these would have been dealt with.

I do hope that despite your current disappointment, we will be able to welcome you back to Haven again.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Just back from a three night stay. We decided to upgrade to a deluxe caravan which was amazing. It was clean, well equipped and the beds were extremely comfortable. Due to the bad weather during our stay we welcomed the central heating!! The site was good and well maintained. The shop was reasonably priced as were the bar, the Mash and Barrel and the Chinese takeaway. The check in staff were amazing, polite, friendly and helpful as were all staff. The only slight recommendation would be slightly better signposting.

Will definitely be back for another visit very soon .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Good Morning Drew040874

Thank you for your 5 stars review of The Orchards.

It was lovely to hear you was very happy with your upgraded caravan and that you found the caravan to be cleaned to our high standards. Our Accommodation Team will be most pleased with your comments.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the check in team, your feedback is very much apricated.

The Grounds team work extremely hard throughout the season to keep our Park well looked after.

You will be pleased to hear we have recently been looking at the signage on park to have this upgraded so on your next visit should see some improvements.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to The Orchards soon.