All reviews mash and barrel papa johns live lounge prestige caravan outdoor pool on site spar shop chinese takeaway fun stars ferry boat inn sea wall walk touring area touring warden go karts evening entertainment take away nice holiday
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Appalling, still on site for another five days, can not go back in that arcade with the way the manageress talks to the public she just hasn't got a clue on how to run an arcade, you have staff going round not knowing what they are doing "I can't do that I have to go ask someone else" the change machines have been running out of money 2 weeks in a row with no money to fill them, machines have been switched off because there isn't any money to fill them, they have bells dotted around the arcade for if there is something wrong with a machine someone eventually comes if you want to stand around waiting for between 30-50 minutes. As for the prize shop I have seen better quality products at a jumble sale, teenagers sitting all over the machines which is a bit intimidating when there are 10-15 sitting around near the over 18s swearing and throwing things around, kids are in and out of the over 18s constantly, the way the machines are set out you can not move around which causes bottle necks. I don't really know what's going on as been there for the last 2 years and its never been like this.

Stayed: April 2018
5  Thank Bemine12017
Orchards H, Manager at The Orchards Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi Bemine12017

Thank you for your review of The Orchards.

I am sorry on this occasion you have encountered issues while on site.

Our arcade is run by an external company and it is clear we have not meet your expectations. Please be assured that this issue will be dealt with and we will be speaking to the manager of the Arcade.

I have also spoken to the security team regarding the children in the over 18’s area and they will be keeping a closer eye on the area.

I do hope despite your current disappointment that we will be able to welcome you back to Haven in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived at reception and the lady who served me was blunt and didn’t seem to willing to help / the live lounge is a alright place was a little packed and my caravan was a nice deluxe one - we met a lovely security guy who is called Chaz - he went the extra mile by taking us to our caravan because we had so much luggage he helped us get there - he went the extra mile for my daughter and he is a lovely chap and friendly and interested in making the customers who stay there happy - he explained where everything is and made us feel welcome - mash n barrel was cramped due to Easter - overall orchards is a nice site and shall return in the future

1  Thank Escape765335

Good Afternoon
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orchards Holiday Village.
I am sorry that you felt that the reception team member you encountered was blunt, it is our aim to be welcoming to all guests, your feedback has been passed over to the Holiday Experience Manager.
It was nice to hear that you were happy with your accommodation.
I have passed your lovely feedback over to Chaz, who was extremely pleased to hear that you were happy with the service he provided for you, going the extra mile.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Omg the lady with the pink hair was so rude, on 1/4/18 evening. she shouldn’t be working with the public let alone serving children.
At the till she was so hostile, unhelpful and NOT polite to children. She looked like she was chewing wasps and never cracked a smile.
Wrong job for her totally!

Hi Eon76
Thank you for your review of The Orchards.
I am sorry to hear that a team member was rude and unhelpful. I have highlighted this with our complex manager so this can be dealt with appropriately.
I do hope that despite your currant disappointment we will be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Having visited several Haven resorts we were left feeling disappointed with this one.

Check in was quick and our caravan was lovely however the park just lacked appeal.

We never used the swimming pool due to restrictions on timings meaning you had to collect wristbands an hour before you wanted to swim, this was just inconvenient, surely these could be allocated more in advance so you could make the most of your day.

The entertainment was ok, it was obvious the Funstars worked hard however the prizes given out were no where close to ones given out at other Havens in previous years, there was also a very poor act on on our final night.

We enjoyed our holiday but more due to using the site as a base to explore other places, I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to stay onsite everyday.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Orchards H, Manager at The Orchards Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi ShonaD1977

Thank you for your review of The Orchards.

I am sorry to hear you was disappointed with your stay with us. As Easter is a very busy time on Park, and with only the Indoor Pool open, due to the weather, we have had to implement a band system so that as many guests as possible get to swim. In previous years we have allowed collection of bands in the morning for the whole days sessions but after trialling the new system it enables us to achieve maximum capacity in the pool.

We do try to have various acts on while guests are on holiday to cater for all, sorry you didn’t enjoy the one on your final evening.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Haven in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from our 3rd visit to the orchards haven as always caravan was lovely entertainment was great kids loved it all was going well until I had a problem in Arcade my son was accused by the manageress of stealing when we had only been in Arcade for ten minutes she was rude and swearing at me my son was totally distressed we did not even know what was happening after that we returned to our caravan to console our son I will never step foot in that Arcade again it was disguesting how we was treated and when I asked her who I complain to she told me no one she is the manager there is no one higher I will be taking this situation further.....

2  Thank welltravelled321xx

Good Afternoon welltravelled321xx

Thank you for taking the time to review The Orchards.

I am please to hear you was happy with your caravan and that you enjoyed our entertainment.

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with the team in the Arcade. Our Arcade is run by an external company but I will personally make sure this feedback is passed over to the Arcade Manager. Please except my sincere apology to both yourselves and you son.

I do hope that although on this occasion you encountered some problems, that we will be able to welcome you back to The Orchards in the future.