The Roebuck Hotel
Brambletye Hotel(Forest Row)
US$120
Hotels.com
Chequers Inn Hotel(Forest Row)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsashdown forestgatwick airportenglish innwedding breakfastsunday carverydog friendly hotelfunction roombusy roadbluebell railwaywedding receptionbed was comfortableplenty of hot watereggs benedictfamily weddingbooked a tablepublic areasan evening meal
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Stopped here for a mid morning bite to eat as had eaten here before and once again was not disappointed with the food or the customer service from the staff

The staff are a great team and work so well together which is just so unusual nowadays and the managers should be looking to give their staff a bonus or just to congratulate them on their excellent teamwork and service to the customers

The food came quickly and was cooked just perfectly

Definitely recommended that you try it here

Enjoy

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank badmintontim
VTuca, General Manager at The Roebuck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear badmintontim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us.
We do have a great team at The Roebuck and I can ensure you we do try to recognise their efforts and hard work.
Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We were meeting up with old friends from Edenbridge and Cross in hand we live in Tunbridge Wells so the Roebuck was central for us the staff and the food were excellent most of had the carvery which was really tasty one of the best carvery we have been too. We will definitely be back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Glynnis F,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was a return visit. We always get a warm and friendly welcome. We had a good nights sleep, I think they have replaced their beds and very comfortable. Good bar with reasonable prices and evening meal. Breakfast very good together with attentive service. would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
morgandog1, General Manager at The Roebuck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear N L,

Thank you so much for your kind review, we are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again at The Roebuck.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was lovely . The staff were very friendly and the food was homemade food which was really fantastic .. would recommend staying here .. we stayed here for two nights and the atmosphere in the hotel was really friendly ..

Stayed: March 2018
morgandog1, General Manager at The Roebuck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Emily L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear you had a good stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
King Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Having been drawn into some of the lower-rated reviews on here I will admit I was apprehensive to book, but upon arrival I realised it was largely all unfounded and had no issues at all.

The hotel is largely comprised of a bar/restaurant downstairs with rooms upstairs. It might not be the most modern hotel available, nor the most upmarket but if like me you needed a comfortable bed and feeding for a short stay I'd recommend it.

Location-wise it cost me £16 in a taxi from East Grinstead station and £12 to return (Western Cars). Phone signal is patchy (EE) but there's a phone in reception you can use to book.

I'd put the room itself on the same standard as a Premier Inn - adequately comfortable, clean, quiet and presented well.

I found the staff to be helpful (including sending me the phone charger I'd left in my room) even when clearly a little busy.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MrDavidL84
morgandog1, General Manager at The Roebuck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear MrDavidL84,

Thank you so much for your kind review.
It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your next visit.