All reviews pub with rooms range of beers rustic chips peppercorn sauce eclectic mix whitebait rooms are clean generous portions brilliant place to stay would definitely stay here again for sunday lunch great character boutique hotel bedroom window comfortable bed full english cooked perfectly
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Booked two rooms, numbers 1 and 2 both overlooking the abbey. Both very nice; boutique style furnishings and touches which was great. However..,,,noise from an upstairs
Staff flat til 4 am made it impossible to sleep for one of us. The response when this was mentioned not great either.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miz51
Sharon T, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thank you so much for spending the time to leave us a review and your feedback is always welcome and wanted. Can I only apologie for the live in staff making a noise they have been spoken to and this will never happen again.
Thanks again and I hope we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

This is my first trip advisor review, but I had to post a comment on the amazing meal my boyfriend and I enjoyed last night. My boyfriend had the mussels, and I had the lamb rump dish and both were absolutely incredible. Brilliant value for money. The decor has been done up so that the old, slightly gothic feel has been upgraded to beautiful and classy. Service was brilliant, with the young staff members asking if we needed more drinks right when we needed them, and checking we were enjoying ourselves. There was a slight wait for food but that is not a complaint in the slightest. Having managed a pub/restaurant in a nearby town I have the unfortunate understanding of how restaurants are sacrificing fresh food for speed and table turns. The wait meant it was cooked fresh and we could of course tell by the quality of the food as well. I hope your customers will understand that and welcome the wait, knowing what it means is going on in the kitchen. Overall: beautiful food, excellent service and a lovely evening. I will be recommending to all of my friends!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your amazing review it has been a lot of hard work to get The Abbey to the standard of venue that it is today, so it is wonderful when our efforts are appreciated especially from some one in the trade.
Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future
Owner

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The room was spotlessly clean and it was obvious that a lot of effort had been put into the decoration and finishing. We also ate in the restaurant. The staff were friendly and the standard of the food was extremely good. Again the attention to detail in the decor and presentation of the food was excellent. The new owners have some final jobs to complete for the spring season. However, this did not detract from the stay. All in all it was a very pleasant stay. I would recommend anyone thinking of visiting this historic town to strongly consider staying.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

It was our pleasure to welcome you to our home, The Abbey Hotel, whether you are traveling on business or pleasure we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from and we thank you for choosing our small family business. Its really pleasing that you apprecaite our efforts with decor and the presentation of our food as a lot of effort does go into the design of these.
Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Owner

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Firstly meal was great. Dessert even better must try the chocolate in a mason jar, but over friendly bar man with details of how much he drank inappropriate comments.Bar friendly and really nice decor hope they do well but need to take in account of older customers and hope they cater more for the family/older couple. The young girl is very professional and made a lovely evening there. You must try and hope the young man can just read the situation better otherwise A star.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Sharon T, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Thank you so much for spending the time to leave us a review.
The customers we want to attract to the Abbey is exactly the type of clientele you mentioned, so all staff members MUST keep that in mind when getting into conversations.
"Locker room banter" is fine in the right environment with the right sort of people but in general they need to learn to judge a situation before speaking. In Charlies defense (Charlie being my son) I know he would not have meant to be rude or inappropriate as he is a very nice sweet boy but maybe a touch naive! The young ladies name is Lauren and I will show her your review and I know she will be very happy with your positive comments.
Thanks again
Regards
Sharon

Reviewed 8 November 2016

It all started well, we had a cosy table of four and the menu choice, service and meal were absolutley fine. It was bonfire night and I understand that the staff were pre-occupied with bar sales but I had to ask three different people for the bill over a 20 minute period. At the second time of asking I was told "cant you see we are busy"! I was not prepared to ask again but finally we paid.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review and I am so glad you enjoyed your meal, I can only apologies you did not get your bill quick enough as we would have liked your whole experience to be positive. In our defense it was bonfire night and the reason the service at the end of your meal was not up to standard was the fact that we became very full very quickly as thousands of people pored into Battle and were slightly overwhelmed for a while.
sorry again and we look forward to beating your expectations int the future.
Regards