“A must do Southwold experience!”
Review of Adnams

Adnams
Ranked #4 of 27 things to do in Southwold
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For those of you who have yet to visit our distillery in Southwold, you are in for a treat! Tour tickets are only £20 per person (over 18s only) which includes a tutored tasting and a little something to take home. The distillery contains all the equipment needed to create a "grain to glass" product taking local barley, wheat and oats. The tour demonstrates the highly precise intricacies of micro distilling and small batch process, as well as the creativity too. You'll be able to taste the house recipes, which we've carefully crafted from a lot of practice from the team. The tour takes approximately 1 hour and is followed by a tutored tasting which takes around 30 minutes. Don't forget to ask about our 'Make your own gin' experiences!
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We did both the brewery and distillery tours and had a great experience. We learnt things that we haven't before. I won't drink Vodka from any other that Adnams from now on!! You need to do the tour to find out why
Nicky was our guide and was very enthusiastic and showed her love of the company. Plus she gave great tips on how to drink the tipples. A great tour guide

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"spirits"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Having been so poorly greeted we decided not to follow the tour with such an unpleasant person in charge. That is possibly our loss but the brewery need to train their staff to be more personable

1  Thank CaravannersDandK
Julie F, Tours Manager at Adnams, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

I am very sorry you did not receive the welcome you expected. Our guides are very personable, so this is quite unusual. When visitors arrive for a tour, we check them off on a register and I can only assume that this was not communicated properly on the occasion of your arrival; for which I can only apologise. I have informed my colleagues who look after our tour booking line. If you call (the number can be found on the tours page of our website) and provide your tripadvisor name and your original booking reference, then they can rebook you on another tour of your choosing. Hopefully you will have a more enjoyable experience on a future visit. Alternatively, under these circumstances, I would be happy for them to process a refund for you. Once again, I am sorry and I do hope you choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for a tour of the brewery. Everything about it was great. The price for starters is a bargain. Nikki, our guide throughout was brilliant. She showed so much passion and had so much pride in her work, which made the whole thing really enjoyable.
You get to taste beers at the end, can pick a free bottle of beer from one of the shops to take home and get a 10% off voucher, which saved us plenty of money to buy even more beer. I highly recommend

Julie F, Tour Manager at Adnams, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our tour. I am glad you had fun. I will pass your kind comments on to Nicki. We hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy your beers. Cheers!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Great shop, excellent range of beers (obviously) but also very special range of wines and gins! Not to mention lovely gifts. The coffee shop offering a variously hot and cold drinks and food is really good too. Not just basic food but some good unusual choices too. Bonus it is dog friendly and owners are made to feel very welcome.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked the tour of the brewery during a visit to the town. Both of us like a beer and after this very informative and interesting trip we now know a bit more of what goes into getting a beer in front of you. Zoe our guide was enthusiastic, knowledge and very entertaining. She answered any questions asked of her and obviously was very happy doing what she was doing. The beer tasting at the end was very pleasant and we were surprised at the variety of beers we were offered to sample. If your in the town give it a go. You will I’m sure enjoy it.
It’s well worth the £20 if you take into consideration the beers you can drink at the end and the bottle of beer you get each included in the ticket.

Julie F, Tour Manager at Adnams, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for reviewing our brewery tour. I am glad you enjoyed the visit. I will pass on your comments to Zoe. Come back and see us again soon!