“Just perfect!”
other travellers have booked this property
Loom Cottage (far side)  Weavers is next door, nearside. Garage for 'Loom' is further down the lane.
Loom Cottage (far side) in  Spinners Lane.  These are the 1st cottages on the right as you enter.   Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
40in Sony Bravia TV. Panasonic Blu Ray Player. Best DVD/Blu Ray collection in town! Great books too!
Quirky bits 'n bobs! Mini quizzes-games.
Loom Fireplace, Loads of quality books/games available.
3 Seater Sofa Bed, 2 seater sofa, armchair, footstool (kept upstairs in twin bedroom). Ample seating
Very cosy and 'toasty' out of season!
If you're eagle eyed you may notice I do like to swap my cushions around!
Step inside 'Loom' -'tucked away' in Spinners Lane.  P.S Grey chair in other picture is now in situ.
John Lewis John Lewis 3 seater sofa bed and John Lewis 2 seater sofa.
Bathroom on the right of hallway, kitchen/diner at rear. Stable door leads to back yard.
Hallway leading to kitchen/diner. Shower switch in hallway-area for coat hanging etc.
Downstairs Bathroom with power shower over bath, shower switch in hallway. Shower switch in hallway.
Kitchen/Diner   Seating for 4. Stable door to back yard/ outdoor seating. Have breakfast outside!
Well stocked kitchen/diner. Electric touch control hob/ electric oven/ washer/dryer. Ample crockery.
Kitchen/Diner, stable door table and chairs outside
Have breakfast outside! Exit kitchen through stable door, sit in back yard
Stairs from kitchen leading to double bedroom and twin bedroom. Enclosed, handrail, 10 stairs only.
Double Bedroom,  Comfy bed, cotton bedlinen, tranquil setting = a good nights' sleep!
Double bedroom, ample space
Cosy....
Twin Bedroom, comfy mattresses,quality cotton bedding. Can provide roll up mattress for 3rd child.
Cosy and homely 2nd bedroom, entered via landing from stairs (not steep) with handrail.
Weekly stay Christmas/New Year Hamper
Short Stay (min 3 days) hamper for Christmas/New Year period. Lovely decorations also!
Lovely Christmas decorations in Loom.
Past Blyth Hotel, straight on past Crick Court,  shops (other side). 300m to Spinners Lane turning.
Turn right at John Bennetts Shop into Spinners Lane. Marks Fish + Chip Shop is further on the left.
The far end of Spinners Lane leads to nearby S-wold Common,  where there is additional free parking.
The garage is clearly marked, about halfway straight down The Lane, a few metres from Loom Cottage.
You are here! The first cottages you will see on the right in the lane! Watch the world go by...
Award winning Southwold Pier, see the quirky amusements, try the putting green, or the boating lake.
Take a Lighthouse Tour! See the inland (still in operation) lighthouse.
Gun Hill, famed for its' role in 'The Battle of Sole Bay..
Near the Pier, early evening.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Merlinman
NW Leics UK
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 14 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Second (longer) visit to this charming, well appointed and equipped cottage in Southwold. Perfectly located for the town and coast, with easy access for dog walking on the common.
Our arrangements were made directly with Kerry the owner and it was great call by the property yesterday and meet her in person!
She is the most efficient and caring owner you could ever wish to meet.
We found everything in Loom Cottage totally to our liking. Having use of the garage for car and bike was a bonus.
Spotlessly clean, cosy and so very well equipped, we'd recommend it without reservation.
We are long term Southwold visitors, with family connections to this beautiful unspoilt area.

Date of stay: November 2014
Liked best: Cottage & location
Liked least: Nothing really
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Nov 2014
I was very happy to meet this lovely visitor who came to actually say 'hello and thanks' to me personally whilst I was in Southwold! What a lovely gesture! I would like to say that I really appreciate this review and such high praise as well, plus I enjoyed all the banter between us!It's great to meet a fellow Southwold lover and I can only say that my visitors deserve an award for 'best cottage visitors in Southwold.'It certainly is a great compliment to say that I'm caring, and I must say it's true so far as I do really do my best to provide a good service and to deliver the best possible holiday experience! If the guests are happy, then so am I! Thank you so much and hopefully we'll see you again in the not so distant future!
Lynne T
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cottage in perfect location!”
Reviewed 2 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We loved our stay in Loom Cottage. Right from when we booked we knew our stay was going to be great because Kerry , the owner, was so prompt with our enquiry and had such a friendly manner. We love visiting Southwold and staying there was brilliant. We parked the car in the garage at Loom Cottage and went everywhere on foot. Lovely walks along the beach , to the harbour and many stops for a beer and food, not to mention numerous shops to peruse! Loom cottage was a lovely base - extremely warm, cosy and well equipped. We had a great stay- thanks.

Date of stay: October 2014
Liked best: location
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
6 Nov 2014
Thank you so much for this review and for these lovely comments! I'm so pleased that you were happy with the whole experience. It's easy to be friendly when dealing with such nice people, but I really appreciate the fact that you mentioned I was prompt!I like to try everything I can to contribute to the whole holiday feeling, even if it's just paying attention to the small things that might make life easier! I am very happy you had a great time, and your review has really put a smile on my face! We'd love to see you again sometime and I must say that I do agree with your header, the cottage really is in the perfect location ! Thank you, you have made my day!
ShirleyCo...
Bromley, United Kingdom
“2nd visit and just as wonderful!”
Reviewed 23 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed for a week the 2nd year running at Loom Cottage and it was just as wonderful as before. It really felt like coming home. The cottage was immaculately presented and very clean and tidy. As soon as we arrived my husband announced that he wants to go again next year! The cottage is in a very quiet location with ZERO traffic noise - the only thing that wakes you up in the morning are the seagulls and to be honest, after the hustle and bustle of London that's a nice wake-up call! For more information on the cottage and location see my previous review - I really can't fault it.

This year we found the Lord Nelson pub - the food there is wonderful! It's only a small pub so can get a little rammed but well worth the wait for food. We also went to Sutherland House to celebrate my husband's birthday - it was a wonderful evening. It's a little on the pricey side in comparison to the pubs, but good value in comparison to restaurants of the same quality in London.

I can't recommend Loom cottage and Southwold enough - the only problem is I never want to leave!

Thank you Kerry and we look forward to another visit same time next year!

Date of stay: September 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The personal touches and excellent DVD and book selection!
Liked least: Leaving :0(
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Sep 2014
Gosh, thank you! I am truly grateful for such a stomping review, (this lovely couple have fallen in love with Southwold, just as I did)! It's great that this time you both tried The Nelson (won Evening Standard Best Pub Award a few years back) and Sutherland House, which is a great place to go for a special evening!
I am so happy Loom Cottage has come up trumps for you both, it is my absolute pleasure to share this happy place with you!
Thank you so much both of you!I'm already looking forward to your next visit!
Frank A
“Wonderful stay at Loom Cottage”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My wife and I and our labradoodle puppy stayed in the most glorious July week in Loom Cottage. The cottage was clean and ready for us on arrival with many nice touches, like washing up liquid, salt and pepper etc all available. We rarely used the car, and because its big didn't park on the lane but used the Common which was no problem.

The shops and delis are wonderful and diverted our plans to cook, check out the Black Olive deli for salads and adventurous pies and Scotch eggs and the Smokehouse at the harbour for great seafood.

We walked, sat on the beach and on the front and generally enjoyed the cottage and ambiance of Southwold. Great property, great location and wonderful holiday!

Date of stay: July 2014
30 Jul 2014
Thanks so much for this review, so glad you all enjoyed yourselves! It's great that The Black Olive Deli(on The High Street) & The Smokehouse (near the harbour) get a mention, as they are really good additions to Southwold. The Adnams Shop also stocks a great selection of beers/ales to wash down all the yummy food! I'm hoping to see you again sometime, and thank you for the lovely comments, it is fantastic to hear that you had a wonderful stay, and I'm really happy the sun stayed out! Hoorah!
7TraceyH7
Stansted, United Kingdom
“Lovely Loom”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Loom Cottage is quite small but perfectly formed! It's homely, comfortable, warm and extremely well equipped. We certainly found everything we needed in the kitchen and made use of the excellent DVD collection in the evenings.
As for the location - it couldn't be better. The lane is very quiet, yet just a minute or two from the High Street and right on the doorstep of Southwold Common (which our cocker spaniel particularly appreciated!)
Kerry is very helpful and informative. All in all, a great place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2014
29 Apr 2014
Thank you so much for this brilliant review, it's says everything in a brief statement. So very glad you all enjoyed your stay, and I am so happy you loved the location and Loom Cottage. I really do think the location is ideal for anybody because it is so near to everything but very private. We love it because it's just so restful and handy for the common and lovely walks...as you said, perfect for our four legged friends! I'm always updating the DVD collection, so I'm glad it was useful and thanks so much for mentioning it.I would love to see you all again sometime, and thanks again for these kind words! Loving the title as well!! I must say I am so fortunate to have so many lovely customers!!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.