All reviews dunwich heath lost churches north field sunken garden shower block lovely site national trust dog friendly beach roof terrace plenty of hot water fellow campers two young boys camp shop deserted beach free wifi in the bar shop sells rspb minsmere
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I have hesitated to review due to the managers replies to some reviews, however I feel that I must contribute to help future customers. It is in a great location with access to the beach, and with lovely walks on the heath. The north field shower block is quite new however it is grubby, I accept with people walking in and out dirt does get carried in but, where the walls meet the floor it is filthy also between the cubicles and around the cubicle feet. I did bring it to the attention of reception staff but they were more keen to make excuse than to accept the comments. I did say shower curtains needed replacing and at the end of our stay they were renewed. A floor brush also appeared. A notice gives times for the cleaning but this is not adhered to. A cleaning schedule is on the wall, but it can be signed without much more than some toilet cleaner being splashed in the toilets. This is not a cheap site so one expects the facilities to be immaculate.

6  Thank Retiredfree
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We stayed in a lodge for 4 nights, which was in a lovely location, peaceful and close to the beach. It was lovely to wake up and see rabbits and birds around the lodge.
However, the lodge itself was worn and in need of updating. Bedroom carpets were stained, dead and live insects on walls, in drawers and on dressing tables and 2 out of 3 lights not working in bedroom. We did find the caretaker and he came to sort the problem as best he could. He told us he would send an electrician the next day but one never came. Beds were uncomfortable and not pleasant to sleep in.
A real shame as this is such a pretty location. Perhaps camping on site would be better.

3  Thank EmilyO1131
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The location between trees near the beach was really wonderful. But the toilet and shower block wasn't really clean at any point during our one week stay.
On arrival we saw a dog left a big, not so welcome, present in the middle of our pitch. The few times we went and asked something at the reception we felt we were disturbing. So when we left a day earlier they only seemed to mind the extra work it took.
I won't recommend it to anyone. A real pity, because it has so much potential.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Maartje5600
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at Cliff House holiday park on many occasions over the past 5 years and we have enjoyed some fantastic experiences. We have just come back from a weeks stay and had some friends join us for some caravan / Campervan camping. The location of this site is fantastic with the beach just a short walk away and Dunwich is also within easy walking distance. The first thing that we noticed was that the bar area has had some improvement since our last stay. The bar was not busy and for the hottest week of the year, this site was only 3/4 full which was very surprising. Then we noticed that cleanliness standards have slipped around the site in particular in the main shower and toilet block. It was not clean by anyone’s standards and looks to be well overdue a refurbishment. The newer shower block is certainly nicer but it was also grubby at times. I mentioned the lack of cleanliness to the receptionist and she argued that the cleaner had tried to clean the showers earlier that day but they showers were always occupied. I tested this by putting some tissue on a window shelf in the toilets and it was still there at the end of my stay! The mop and bucket provided for campers to clean the showers was filthy and of little use. I asked one of the bar staff what was going on and she told be quite candidly that the new management has reduced spending in alll areas and they have also stopped the nightly entertainment in the bar to. I spoke to a number of the other customers on site and lots of them had also noticed that standards have slipped over the past 18 months or so. Looking through the managements responses to some of the reviews on here it would seem that they don’t take kindly to constructive criticism. This was one of our favourite sites and I hope that it can be saved before it falls into disrepair. I am very sad to have to write this review but my thinking is if enough people say the same things then someone will listen.

4  Thank L2657UVjohnp
steve j, Director of Sales at Cliff House Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Many thanks for your review. We have had a problem with former staff trolling us. Our replies are often written for comedy as many review are simply over critical and not praising the things we do right. You will see that many people love it here at Cliff House as we do bringing our families here to enjoy the park and area. The North Field toilet block is fairly recent so was a full rebuild and we have continued to upgrade the park, some of our upgrade expenditure is on another reply. There has been no reduction in staffing or spending on cleaning so I will be investigating who said that, also, there isn’t any new management so that’s a bit odd anyone would say that! The West field shower block is next on the list to be refurbished again, I say again as we refurb it around every 5/6 years. The entertainment in the bar was only reduced as we found £300 acts were playing to no one so is not really worth it. However last night we had our open mic night which was lots of fun and well attended with some rising stars in the crowd! All our team from maintenance to bar team members are keen to serve and create a great customer experience. We have a fab location, beach, woodland walks, local traditional seaside towns, great cycling, great golf courses etcetc so will continue to work to our strengths and look closely at our weaknesses. With best wishes

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Just home from three nights solo camping with my dog and had a lovely time. Friendly campers helped out with the dog when I needed a shower, right next to beach, everything you need. Great place for walking and relaxing. Will definitely go back. Lived camping under the trees.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for a lovely review Cliff House is in a fab location so we appreciate when a customer takes the time to let us know their experience was great! With best wishes