All reviews nelson suite sunken bath lady hamilton wedding venue evening meal under new management log fire bridal suite water pressure night's sleep stayed two nights food was lovely friendly welcome local produce a lovely place to stay full english fish and chips
Reviewed 18 September 2015

Fantastic value! Staff extremely helpful and meals superb. The room was very clean as was the whole hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We have also been here for a wedding reception and 2 christenings which were also excellent.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 7 September 2015

After a long time of planning we had my daughters wedding at Scarborough hill yesterday and it was worth the wait.

Part of the reason we chose it was Ian's attitude and dedication and yesterday we saw the results. Nothing was too much trouble and everything went perfectly, in fact better than we expected.

Whilst most of the staff were young they were very well trained and helpful, the food was perfect and this made the wedding even more special. I stayed the night and the room was great, breakfast was excellent too.

Overall we cannot recommend Scarborough Hill enough. We had been a few times for lunch and it was always excellent, but Ian, Rosie and the staff especially Ian's attention to detail and the fact that nothing is too much trouble nor does he get panicky about anything (we did lol) helped make the day so special

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 1 September 2015

yesterday was the wedding of my daughter and her now husband, from the initial enquiry though to this mornings check out, nothing was too much trouble for Ian,Rosie and all the staff, the food, grounds,house, bedrooms and all public areas are so lovely, we were treated so very well at all times,the marque looked wonderful, ever attention to detail was made.we have also eaten here before and the quality is excellent, would thoroughly recommend Scarborough Hill Counrty House, for a special day, party or just for a nights stay. so much character thank you to all for giving us all a fantastic day

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

I didn't think the main menu offered a lot of choice other than usual pub grub though I can't say that about the specials. That being said, the broccoli and stilton soup starter was very good. I chose the Steak & Kidney Pie for my main which didn't have much gravy/sauce in the pie so a bit dry for me.....the accompanying veg was 'ok'. Apple pie dessert was enjoyable though. A lovely country inn though with very pleasant and professional staff. I would visit again but would try a special instead.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

We celebrated our Wedding here and we had the most amazing time! If you're looking for an intimate venue this is it! Ian and Rosie and their team put their heart and soul into our day and we'll be eternally grateful! Anything we wanted (even some things we didn't realise we needed!) were taken care of with swiftness and professionalism. The food was so tasty and the marquee set up was simply out of this world! Thank you!!

Trip type: Travelled with family