Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

pleasedon...
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“utter disssapointment”
Reviewed 28 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I were excited to be staying at a Dream Lodge Group lodge having seen you at the Ideal Home Show last year and having considered an investment, however, there were some issues that cannot be overlooked without advising you of our disappointment.

Your Customer Service team had been most helpful before we arrived at Norfolk Park. Even when receiving a link to the lodge we were supposedly staying at which had all the wrong information about the lodge i.e. 2 bedrooms not three, sofa bed not bunkbeds even the outside picture didn’t look anything like the descriptions we had seen on your website, cue a phone call and subsequent emails to be reassured we were going to arrive at the lodge we had been assured we booked. Annoyance Number 1.

We arrived late, 10.30pm but the team were helpful in keeping the keys in a handy place for us and ever so friendly on the phone. However, once we arrived at the lodge, we immediately saw no high chair that had been ordered and even worse, no cot for our 18 month old daughter! The night warden tried his best to resolve the matter but was unable to find anyone who could help. We had a sleepless night that night, that left us with a sour start to our holiday. A rather larger annoyance, no.2!

The following morning, we informed the team who promptly brought round a new travel cot and unboxed it there and then, great but no mattress to be seen (even though I had been reassured when booking the cot there would be a mattress provided)! They couldn’t understand what I was referring to, neither could the lady on reception!?! As all parents will know, there is a bottom that goes in the cot bed but it is no where near sufficient to provide the necessary comfort and protection to a young child, this was simply not good enough. No one would help us in finding a mattress for our daughter which left me to tears (probably from tiredness!). This is simply not good enough! Do they not know how to cater for children? Big annoyance no.3!!

A high chair which had been ordered and paid for, it also arrived late and it was filthy! In fact, it was disgusting! The straps were unwashed, the god knows how old food was engrained in the seat, there was food on the metal frame where the tray clips in. I would not have put my child in that chair if you had paid me. We had to make do with picnics on the lodge floor as I was not spending my holiday cleaning other people’s highchairs!! Such a disappointing let down leaving with me with no more energy to complain Annoyance no.4! And I am not normally a complainer but they let me and my family down hugely.

I had to come to the conclusion that they are just not geared up for children. They couldn't see the importance of having the necessaties available upon arrival, do not understand what state of cleanliness these necessities need to be in to be safe for a child, & do not understand the basic requirements of what a child needs to be safe.

I have not even gone into detail about the dead animal smell in the general bathroom & the bathroom handle neat to falling off which could lock someone in the bathroom at any moment, which is such a shame as the lodge was decorated very homely and comfortable. In fact it was a real comfort to come back to the lodge as it was so warm and cosy an provided a perfect base on what seem to be a well managed and modern park.

I do hope you will take note of my comments in this email to ensure your service to parents going forward improves. We will not be returning to this group of lodges which is real shame and will certainly look elsewhere for our investments.

We have informed the Lodgegroup who acknowledged our complaint but nearly 4 weeks later we are still waiting for a response.

What an utter disappointment.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing