“Simply the best.....”

Deepdale Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

......sausage & egg sarnie on granary! Nice staff, table service, looked after today by charming ladies. Clean facilities, my favourite stop when out cycling - today, wet & windy, was my motivation!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited this cafe quite a few times over the years, often introduced friends to it and it has always been fine.
This time I ordered a lunch option described as a mushroom and halloumi burger in a sourdough bun with salad etc.
Drinks and food both arrived promptly.
The waitress just delivered the food, no smile or dialogue.
The mushroom ‘burger’ was a few small open mushrooms and I was expecting something formed into a traditional burger shape?
The meal was well cooked and salads fresh, all quite tasty.
I thought that I would mention that I felt the meal was not as described in the menu.
The same waitress said she was sorry but she was not responsible for how the meal was described on the menu!
I was really taken aback by her frankly disinterested attitude.
I paid without further comment but I will not be returning again.
When you are eating alone a smile and enquiry as to how the meal is, is very welcome. Most places acknowledge and welcome your feedback over the food. Sadly my visit this time fell short.

2  Thank Jean D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We often go here for breakfast when we are on the North Norfolk Coast. My wife likes the Full English but I enjoy some of the other interesting dishes on offer. Especially the Norfolk Rarebit or Eggs Bemedict. Friendly staff and easy to park

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent breakfast menu especially the fruit black puddings. There's also a highly calorific specials menu for those completing walks along the coastal path. There's art for sale and weekly live music too. Really good service. There's also a seating area for customers with dogs. A very good cafe experience.

1  Thank Tonyhrx
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Recently visited for a light breakfast. My friend had a coffee and a cheese scone, myself 2 poached eggs on one slice of toast two mushrooms and one tomato cut in half, with a pot of green tea. When I went to pay the total bill was over £20. On inspection of my bill I notice that I had been charged £4 for my tomato and £4 for my mushrooms. I queried it and was given £4 refund. I was still a bit miffed at being charge £2 for a tomato and £1 each for my mushrooms so received a further £2 refund. I accepted this but still wonder why one tomato cost £1, and mushrooms 50p each.

As I had had a full English including a pot of tea for £6 in another cafe the day before I was and am still in shock.

2  Thank Carole M