“Anniversary Dinner”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,430 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campus View and North High Street
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Picked this place for it was close to our hotel. Atmosphere was nice. Menu prices seemed a bit high for some selections. I ordered the chicken salad which was massive. Doggy bag came home. Thought martinis were expensive at 13.00 till I saw the size plus it came with a refill. Nice. My husband ordered the chicken which he said was tasty. Interesting though we phoned before going to see how busy it was. They told us 30 minute wait at least. We asked if we could make reservations. Yes we could but had to personally come in to do it. WHAT!! How does that make sense. Anyway we risked it and went over and only waited 10 minutes.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I met a business associate there for lunch. I think they have changed the name but the menu and concept have stayed the same. The service was very good and quick which fits the lunch crowd. I would definitely return for a bit of an upscale experience for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

My date & I ate there on a Saturday night, around 6 p.m. We had reservations, but they were still not that crowded. It was more crowded when we left. We ordered deviled eggs for appetizer. Next thing we knew, the main entrees were served to us, before the deviled eggs came. We began to eat, even though both of our meals were slightly different than what we expected. After one bite, I knew I had someone else's meal, and so did my date. In a couple minutes, the server came by and said that they served us another couple's meal. My date kept his (Maui steak), since he had waffled about ordering that entree anyway. I had ordered prime rib, and felt the strip steak I took a bite of was tougher than I liked. So then they brought me my prime rib. My date got his meal entirely comped. My prime rib was excellent. My mashed potatoes were delicious while they were hot, but as they cooled, became not so appetizing. No vegetable besides potato came with the steaks. The riesling we had was delicious. Oh, and the server forgot that we had ordered the deviled eggs entirely! I feel this might have been a fluke, so did not rate them too harshly. However, if it happened a second time, there are far more restaurants to choose from to accept that kind of service. Food was good, though. When it got more crowded by the time we were leaving, I had to shout to be heard by my date, so that was not very pleasant, either.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Came for Easter brunch to find out they don't serve brunch anymore - although it shows they do online for that particular location. The host said they stopped a month ago and the waitress said it had been five months. Easter is a HUGE brunch day so it was a disappointment to find out they don't serve what they show they have. Had to go to another restaurant.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Prices have slowly increased over the years, but always a great meal. Enjoyed a nice lunch there back in December. It was around 2pm so it was a little quieter than normal. Excellent salads and the artichokes were fantastic as always. Can't go wrong with J Alexanders

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!