“Birthday go-to”

Maxwells Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Maxwells Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in West Fargo
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th Avenue and 9th St. E
Description: Maxwells is an independent, locally owned establishment that serves cuisine crafted with French and American influences. A strong commitment to diverse wine offerings and freshly prepared cuisine is important to the guests we serve. Maxwells often provides wine tastings, wine dinners, spirits and beer tastings to bring new experiences to our patrons. From beginning to end, the dining experience is elevated by exceptional hospitality. We offer a relaxing environment and a knowledgeable, personable service staff that exceeds our guests' expectations. Our professional mixologist brings new ideas and creative tasteful cocktails to our menu, utilizing an eclectic array of spirits from around the world. Maxwells boasts the region's largest collection of wines, a diverse selection of craft beers including features from local breweries. Maxwells is an exciting blend of culinary imagination amid impeccably casual surroundings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Here with other couples for birthday of spouse. Menu is pretty standard but generally well-prepared. Specials were very well done. Tweaked for the gluten/soy-free member. Several alternatives for starch if you don’t care for the offered sweet potato hash. Service sets the bar for the community. Wine selection (and knowledge) is I think the best in the community. Never disappoints for a special event.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Service was fantastic. Greeted when we first walked in. Were a few minutes early so we headed to the bar for a drink. Bartender was very friendly and we were taken care of promptly. Waitress was great, gave us specials but also let us know her favorites both for food and wine. She took great care of us the whole time. Food was outstanding. Had scallops as an app and the fillet for dinner. Was cooked perfectly. All in all a great meal.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I have been to Maxwell's dozens of times. NEVER a bad experience, EVER! My fine dining experiences include countries all over the world including several restaurants along the French Riviera. Trust me when I say that Maxwell's in West Fargo is top-notch! You get what you pay for and you would have to pay twice as much or more in a "big city" to get what Maxwell's is offering here. Well done to Ramon, Chef Mike, and the entire staff for their tremendous attention to every detail!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Loved this place! I came across it online and couldn't wait to try it out! I must say the hubby and I drove 6 hours to get here and decided to have a long weekend in Fargo and I was so happy with everything at Maxwell's. It has a very cozy and intament atmosphere with very knowledgeable and helpful staff. I think it would be better to do reservations just to be safe although I wouldn't skip it if I didn't make reservations, it is well worth any wait. I opted for the surf and turf and my husband did the peppered new Zealand elk. Everything tasted great and the presentation was excellent which is what I wanted more than anything.

Price wise it is on the higher side but we went in knowing that and expecting more. All in all it was a great experience and when we return to fargo we will be back! Definitely our most enjoyable dining experience in North Dakota so far.

1  Thank CPortch
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We ate here while in Fargo for business at the recommendation of a local colleague. Atmosphere was great, enjoyed that, but the dinner prices were a little on the high side ($37 for chicken breast) and the portions were small. I ordered soup and it literally was probably a fourth of a cup. You also need lots of time to eat here...the deserts are custom made and take ar least a half hour. Positive...service was excellent and the food was very tasty.

1  Thank kbs1010