“Good fun”

Sunshine Watercraft
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We have a great selection of modern watercraft including Paddle Boats, Kayaks, Stand Up Paddle Boards, Walk on Water Balls and Water Roller, all available for hire at our convenient location on the floating pontoon in Sunshine Plaza Maroochydore.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Went with our grown (20s) children: had double kayaks for two hours.

The location in the Sunshine Plaza shopping centre has both positives and negatives: convenient to find but parking is a pain over school holidays and busy periods.

Public toilets need to be used to get changed: they can be crowded.

The canals within the shopping precinct are a little grotty and uninviting but once you escape into the waterways proper, it is very pleasant. Clean water, clean sand, lots of bird life and a couple of Ray's the day we went.

The kayaks are the plastic, sit on top type which is fine. Stability is good but after two hours my backside was starting to get a little sore. Perhaps two hours is a little long when an irregular kayak user.

Take note of the tide. Could be a drag going back if it is running out at the time.

Thoroughly enjoyed the outing. Pricing is reasonable. They offer other watercraft to suit all ages and energy levels.

All reviews
"kayak"
in 5 reviews
"tide"

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The only thing on my list of things to do in Maroochydore was kayaking. I found Sunshine Watercraft on the web and they were very easy to locate in town since they are at the main shopping centre. I didn't have a booking but that didn't matter to them. They took down a kayak, gave me a life jacket and sent me on my way.
The Maroochy River is quite calm and very shallow in parts making it tricky to work your way around. I ran into the sand in a shallow part so I could watch the pelicans. The water naturally took me back to deeper water. It was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. This is vey easy and is suitable for everyone.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My mate and I were staying in cotton tree and decided to hire out a kayak. We've never kayaked before but the staff were great and gave us a quicky on the basics. They put us on the water with this special loading ramp thing then it was an easy paddle to maroochy river. From there we paddled around for a while and the water was clear as. We had a ripper of a time and would definitely recommend

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We just had an awesome day down at sunshine watercraft! We booked a kayak for 2 people for 2 hours round lunch time and took our time taking it out and around lovely Cotton Tree. We took one of the staff's advice and headed over to pincushion rock where there was this sweet little lagoon thingy which I've attached a photo of. Would definately recomend to anyone who is looking for a relaxing day by/on the water!