All reviewsocean streetsunshine plazathe managerswoolworths supermarketeasy minutescotton treebedroom apartmentsplit levelmain bedroomlarge balconyliquor storeallocated car parkyour fingertipsan amazing holidaywithin walking distancefive minute walkgreat shopping
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Couldn't fault the place. Great location, kids loved it, biggest hotel room i have ever seen, just a huge place, TV was great, parking was brilliant, pool could have been warmer, but i am a bit old, kids still loved it.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: Any room, we had a view, was great.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Visited with my partner for a quick escape, lovely apartment in the heart of maroochydore, 5 star service all around, great location, great staff and beautiful view! Highly recommended.
Best place to spend our escape

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at The M1 for 3 days in the beginning of June and absolutely loved the place. Clean and inviting and in a great location. The hosts are fantastic - warm and welcoming and made our stay simple, easy and stressfree. Highly recommend staying here. Thank you Mark and Katrina!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Mark and Katrin... B, Manager at M1 Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Pixie A, thanks for your review and rating - we appreciate the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind Regards, The m1 Resort Team

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The apartment wasn't clean there was bacon fat all over the elements and the glasses and utensils were dirty.
The smoke alarm went off at 3am for 3 mins and was not checked until late that afternoon. This alarm has traumatised my children and when the lift alarms went off this was made worse. They still panic when they hear beeping.
Lift alarms went off for 4 hours which could be heard from the apartment.
I was meant to move apartments at 11am on the 3rd day I had everything packed and ready to go. This kept being delayed making it difficult for me to plan anything with my kids. I packed away all the food and had to unpack and reclean the apartment again. Everytime I rang they said don't go far its almost ready but we didn't move until 3pm.
Once moved into the next apartment I unpacked while listening to the extremely loud construction noise across the road, noise so loud my youngest would of been unable to have his nap.
When I went to start the organising for the night I went to lock the windows but they wouldn't lock. I called reception and they came up tried a few keys and then said they would get someone to look the next day even though I mentioned several times how dangerous this was. During the night my youngest son tried to open the window which resulted in me rushing to bunnings to get something to sort the problem as the receptionist didn't seem too concerned the first time I told them I felt I had to sort the problem myself. Their lack of concern blew me away and felt this was my tipping point and why I cancelled the rest of my stay.

It was implied that the accommodation provided would be of a standard of cleanliness, safe and quality reasonably to be expected from this type and price of accommodation.

To top it all off after I had packed my car and put the kids in the car the receptionist informed me the nightly rate went up.

I paid $1,012.50 for 4 nights accommodation where I got little to no sleep. I have requested a refund to which they have declined. I'm currently taking this matter further and making a complaint with the ACCC.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Mark and Katrin... B, Manager at M1 Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your review and also for your brief stay - the experience, in spite of the difficulties, has proven to be a blessing. It was a stark reminder that we should always trust our instincts.

Fortunately we are able to take comfort in the overwhelmingly positive interactions we typically experience. Once again, sincere thanks for reminding us that initial instincts are generally correct.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Booked over phone on trip advisor reports. We had no trouble following after hours instructions to obtain keys and park. Apartment huge, clean, modern with a big deck. Negative was the bedding. In such a big main bedroom why isn’t there a king bed, and in the other, why not the option of 2 singles by using split king bed. Mattresses were a bit soft, but over all a small downside. View was great, but opposite is now a building site and I presume a high rise will be built and no more view. Such a shame. Also think owners need to advertise the fact that building work is being carried out and noise early will be encountered as we found on our stay. It seems so unfair on adjacent businesses. So be aware. But the M1 was a good place to stay and served our needs.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi philljan, thanks for your review and rating - we appreciate the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind Regards, The m1 Resort Team