“The butterflies impress but the price is doesn't”

Butterfly Shop Kuranda
Ranked #6 of 17 Shopping in Kuranda
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Having visited a number of butterfly farms in various places in the Northern Hemisphere, and often being disappointed, we were pleased that the Kuranda butterfly exhibit had a great variety and quantity of butterflies visible. However you can tour the entire exhibit in less than an hour and at the $19.50 AUD entry fee, it seemed a fairly steep price for that visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

A great way to see some of Queensland's best and prettiest butterflies up close. Great photo opportunities too. Senior card discounted entry. Well worth visiting..

Reviewed 20 June 2016

The rainforest area is obviously home to a large number of butterfly species and this shop is all about butterflies. All the product is butterfly themed and while a little more expensive it is a great opportunity for finding a souvenir that is a little different.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

When the butterfly place was described to me.. I had higher expectations and whilst I loved the idea and concept, I felt the $19.50 entry fee was not good value for money especially since we went as a couple and would have been there for 15-20 minutes only. I thought there would be a lot more butterflies.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 January 2016

We took our 9 y/o Grand-Daughter and could not have been happier. This was very exciting to us as well. Really well run, friendly staff, butterflies landing on you, educational, and cost wise it is cheaper than most. They also except Queensland Companion Cards for all you Pensioners. What more to say other-than FANTASTIC.