“Great concept but slightly overpriced ”

Butterfly Shop Kuranda
Ranked #6 of 17 Shopping in Kuranda
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

When the butterfly place was described to me.. I had higher expectations and whilst I loved the idea and concept, I felt the $19.50 entry fee was not good value for money especially since we went as a couple and would have been there for 15-20 minutes only. I thought there would be a lot more butterflies.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

We took our 9 y/o Grand-Daughter and could not have been happier. This was very exciting to us as well. Really well run, friendly staff, butterflies landing on you, educational, and cost wise it is cheaper than most. They also except Queensland Companion Cards for all you Pensioners. What more to say other-than FANTASTIC.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Great for kids and families and parents, Butterflies of all types all around you. Wonderful connection with nature. Relaxed experience. And Kuranda township has good food and shops to explore. A good day trip if you are in the area. Then go to Barron Falls for an easy hike and see the waterfall. Recommended highly.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

What a stunning experience. I was fascinated by the information given on the free guided tour. I learned so much. The butterflies are just beautiful. Well worth the visit. Seniors Card and Concession admission prices available.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Really educational so many displays to help you identify the various amazing coloured butterflies. Free guided informative tours were a real bonus.If I was to make a negative remark it would be that the enclosure was really crowded on the Saturday we visited.Lovely shop and free Wifi.