Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Orbitz.com
All reviews pleasant stay highway noise motel meal manager
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 December 2020

If you are looking for a host that treats you like a family friend, if you are looking for a meal you would only get in a 5 star Brisbane location, if you are looking for staff who only know one way to bend......backwards!!!, if you are looking for fellow guests who treat you the same (they pick up up the vibe).....welcome to Chinchilla and The Great Western Motor Inn...Juliet the hostess with the mostest and Becky the outstanding chef....you have found a real gem in Western Queensland........look no further...honestly the best value for money anywhere!!

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2020 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way through on our holiday. We enjoyed our stay, great location right near a couple takeaways, servo,bws and coffe club. Clean and tidy motel room, the tiles could do with a clean on the edges though. The bed was very comfy. We ordered from the restaurant for room service. We both ordered fish. The meals were great and well sized. Highly recommend staying here. There is all sorts of tourist info available in the reception. Please book direct they happily matched online booking prices.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2020

We stayed here and found the service friendly, rooms clean and the area quiet. It really was a pleasant stay here. It is on the highway but we did not hear anything during our stay and we were the closest room to the road. If you are after a good nights sleep then this place is worth it.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 21 October 2019

It looked quite good from the road , so I turned around and selected this establishment to stay for the night . $125 for the night . Restaurant not open due to a private function , Fred's 80th birthday party going on . Happy birthday Fred . I thought at that moment , maybe this motel is not a good choice , the party revelers staying here might be noisy when they come back to their rooms .after the dining room party . I was right , dot on midnight a party of merry people in the rooms next to me carried on the party partially outside my room , in which I was exhaustedly asleep in. . I did not want to spoil their fun and I do not know if Fred was there , but older generation people ( oops that is me too ) can also be very loud and it just takes one woman with a screachy voice and a raucous laugh screaming out stuff only funny to her to make sleeping quiet people wake up and feel annoyed , angry and generally p....d off!
After half an hour of the alcohol infused screaming at each other , because they all had to shout at each other at 12.30 am and laugh as loud as they could, grumpy grandma had to put a stop to it .... it was as if they did not know any one else was staying at this motel .... I opened the very squeaky and heavy big glass terrace door , to which they all instantly shut up , looked in my direction with startled faces when I said " I think you do not realise other people are staying here ? " They all instantly all shut up , one man said " sorry ". then not a peep further was heard from them. The party disbanded .
Note to self ...if you see there is a large group of people staying together at a motel , realise ...they could get together outside your room and there could be noise late in the night ...because with a few drinks , people lose inhibitions and common sense and do not think of others .....
THE MANAGER COULD ALSO HAVE NOTIFIED THE GUESTS TO BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS WHO WILL BE SLEEPING .
The ROOM , was spacious , I was grateful of the plates and cutlery so I could heat up my packaged dinner ( rogan josh and rice) in the microwave supplied. The local supermarket is amazing it is so comprehensive with a huge selection of wonderful exotic things to buy . I was in awe of the stock ...they even had three types of liverwurst in the deli section . Wonderful supermarket for a remote town.
The room decor is a hodge podge of badly matched colours. Someone with zero design sense has thrown this and that together without any thought of making the decor pleasing to the eye . Orange striped bedspreads ..ok ...but with sea blue carpet and poo brown curtains ...NA... pink laminate table and royal blue patterned fabric chairs ????
A look that has all been put together thoughtlessly by someone not really into appealing decoration or colour coordination . it is a shame because this place could be good . the rooms are large . When the outdoor party ended , and my neighbours came inside to go to bed , I could hear every move and noise in the room next door ... I just prayed they would not have sex , because I knew you would be able to hear it ...I could hear every bathroom noise as well .... God I hate that ..... anyway ... just as I was thinking of dread , someone started snoring very loudly , right behind my ear ... I put the pillow over my head and started to ponder about sleeping in my car.
The gardens are a shame too , sad , someone long ago has loved and nurtured that garden , someone planted it with care and thought ...now no one is watering it . It looks decidedly shabby and unloved ...it could be an oasis , a lovely oasis ...but now it speaks of neglect and disinterested management.
I turned over a cup to make a cuppa this morning , I noticed a very strong cleaning smell , I smelt the cup closely , it stank of cleaning detergent , That was going to be making a very foul tasting cup of tea , i thought . The next cup was the same , I had to rinse it out a few times to get it neutral not to taint the tea I was about to have ...this is poor housekeeping training . Anyway , as I drink my tea , and write this review , I hear the neighbours WAKING UP , yawning , talking , using the bathroom and I am thinking ... TIME TO GO ........ I just do not want to have to listen to any friskiness , if it happens .
Will I return ....NO ...I will try somewhere else next time . It was just not good enough for the price, sorry .

Room tip: Don't choose any room , keep driving
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Saskiagrav
Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

We chose the Great Western because it was one of the only motels with vacancy in Chinchilla. The dated facade and decor was a little questionable at first but everything has been well maintained, the service is friendly, the rooms are spotlessly clean, beds are comfortable, great shower with good water pressure, pool area is nice with well manicured grounds and gardens, with secure car parking at back of hotel. It's a good old fashioned motel that still caters for families (family room has queen and three singles - a rare find in any hotel these days!) and offers a comfortable stay at an affordable price ($165 for a family room). Would recommend this hotel for those traveling with kids. Convenient location on the highway but still very quiet rooms.

Date of stay: December 2018