Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tide pools mini suite full kitchen sea lions lost coast general store get away from it all busy life little piece of paradise wonderful stay small hotel living room laid back the location is perfect gas fireplace private balcony tides
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2022

A couple of months back my husband wanted to surprise me with a quiet get away. To get away and relax from our busy life. We both love the coast and the redwoods. He chose The Tides Inn in Shelter Cove - having been our first time ever on the "Lost Coast" and we were in love! We came prepared to make our own food and just enjoy the sounds of the ocean. We stayed in the king mini suite. The views were spectacular. It did not disappoint - we WILL be back!! Sitting in the living room on the couch looking out the sliding glass door and it looks like you are sitting on the water.

Room tip: Mini suites are on the 3rd level. No elevator - easy stairs. There is a microwave, small fridge and toaster.
Date of stay: April 2022
Verna Kaai, Innkeeper at The Tides Inn of Shelter Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

We are so glad you chose us for your get away.
Verna

Reviewed 20 February 2022

The location is perfect. The most beautiful ocean view from our mini suite. A couple of days were pretty windy, but staying in and enjoying the view, the seals and the sea birds was great. The gas fireplace added to the cozy atmosphere. The room was recently painted and was very clean and comfortable. Everyone we encountered at the Inn was super nice and helpful. The goody basket with wine and Milano cookies was a welcome surprise. Having the beach and trails just steps away from our room was wonderful. We even saw sky divers from the airstrip behind our room. We will definitely be back the next time we want to get away from it all!

Date of stay: February 2022

So glad you chose us for your visit. hope to see you again.
Verna

Reviewed 22 January 2022

Our first time to Shelter Cove and we feel so lucky to have found this little piece of paradise. For 5 friends, we got a full suite (with wall bed) and a mini suite directly above. The two suites have their own entry and stairs so it was like we were all together to visit and share meals. The full suite has a full kitchen with everything you may need. And Eric and Verna, the hosts are just a phone call away to help with anything. And the housekeeper even took us on a hunt to find live Abalone one afternoon. That gesture made my day. I don't think any place in Shelter Cove could have been closer to the waves. If you are looking for a slower pace with beautiful views, I recommend The Tides Inn.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 15 October 2021

My husband and I brought my Mom here for a little getaway near the ocean. The Tides Inn did not disappoint. We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor that had a private balcony. My Mom isn't great with stairs so she stayed in a suite on the ground floor. It was much smaller than ours but perfect for her. The weather was perfect and the ocean view was amazing. The lady taking care of the Inn, Jennifer, was very nice and very accommodating. I highly recommend this place for a relaxing stay.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 6 September 2021

Our whole family is in the campground. My husband can’t really camp anymore due to surgeries so we booked a room to be with our kids and grand babies.

Checking in was contactless. That’s good because we came in late. The next morning one of our kids came to the room with their dog on leash. We finished dressing and headed out to the campground.

We first got the third degree for walking through the property. Then when we explained we have rented a room she gave us a weird look then looked all nasty at our dog and said dogs aren’t allowed here. We explained she just walked over to walk back with us. Then we were snapped at for stepping on the dirt. This just goes on and on.

I realize they may not want pets at the inn. Makes sense because many people aren’t respectful. Our sons dog was not staying with us but merely walking. On a leash. Quietly - unlike the managements two dogs that while they are cute they run around barking at people. It’s really hard to take someone like that seriously.

Then inside our room we found a note that said due to covid there would be no in room services. If we needed something to call and they would try to do their best. We’ve been here four days now and have not even been offered a clean towel. No replenishment of soaps, coffee etc. nothing. But they are not afraid of covid enough to wear a mask or stay away from us when they want to complain. It’s almost more believable to say they’re being lazy and cheap.

My family is out on the fishing boat and I walk to my room to get something. Yes I’m dog sitting. Her dogs run up at us barking and she comes running over to tell me dogs aren’t allowed. Basically now I don’t care. Mine is quiet and stays where I tell her while I go in and get my water bottle. Again not too worried about covid because she’s right up on me to complain.

We have been so quiet, in bed by 9 every night, asked for nothing from them even though at the price it’s the least we deserve is to have our room replenished and to not be treated as if we’re tearing things up. We aren’t drinking or having parties or even a bunch of company. We’ve spent all of our time at the campground with our family. To walk to our room means being confronted again because it as if she doesn’t want anyone even to walk out of their room.

We had to pay for four nights minimum to get a room on a holiday weekend and I just went back through the website and didn’t see “no pets” anywhere.

I understand needing to be thorough and ensuring people take care of the place. But she has definitely let the managing position go to her head and I can see many other reviewers saying the same thing. We would never pick that place again. In fact I would sleep in my car first because it just isn’t worth the money.

So yea the Inn is in a beautiful location but the management absolutely ruins it.

Date of stay: September 2021