US$85
Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel(East Grinstead)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$172
US$119
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Roebuck Hotel(Forest Row)(Great Value!)
US$79
Gothic House(East Grinstead)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
2,446 results
All reviewsreflections restaurantchampagne barhot tubgarden suitebeautiful hotelrelaxation roomchanging roomson arrivalthe fine dining restaurantfull body massageag restaurantcedar lodgebirthday treatroll top bathoutdoor saunarelaxing breakjunior suite
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My daughter and I came to the hotel for a spa overnight retreat. We were met at the front entrance by André, a really charming, cheerful, friendly, helpful young man. There couldn't have been a better welcome! Nothing was too much trouble. Within minutes we were shown around the hotel. The receptionist was also friendly along with other members of staff that we met along the way. They all smiled at us and acknowledged us. We were very happy with our bedroom and enjoyed all the toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and the lovely view over the back gardens. We so enjoyed the spa area with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and relaxation room. It was so relaxing. Our evening meal was very tasty and we were delighted with it. When we returned to our room the duvet cover was turned down, the curtains were drawn, and the biscuits that we had eaten earlier had already been replaced! Such attention to detail was really appreciated.We highly recommend this hotel and are already talking about returning!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alegria P
Sindarmy V, Guest Services Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Alegria P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers following your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

I am pleased you had a perfect stay with us and were made feel very welcomed by Endre,one of our concierge, on arrival, and by the rest of the team throughout your stay. I am delighted your enjoyed our dining and spa facilities and are planning to return.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We had an overnight stay as a gift from our son, the whole experience was fabulous. We used the pool and outdoor jacuzzi which are very relaxing, had a lovely dinner the restaurant staff were attentive and friendly. The next morning we used the spa area again after a wonderful breakfast. The receptionist who checked us in and out was so friendly and efficient, we felt really comfortable and would thoroughly recommend the Alexander House. Only criticism is the Gym - very poorly equipped.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cdmg33

Dear Cdmg33,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

I am pleased you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed our dining and spa facilities. I am glad you were satisfied with the high level of service provided by the staff throughout your visit. However, I am disappointed to hear that our gym equipment did not meet your expectations on this occasion,

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

So mum and dad escaped the standard "mum, can I have..", "dad, please help.." etc any parent could understand.. and we have indulged in the magical 24 hours at the Garden Suite at the Alexander Hotel. Our two storey apartment was beautifully decorated, from designer wallpaper, monsoon showers, original furnishings to luxurious bathrooms and yes, I have requested for the bath to be run for us (yes, it can be done) and so the candles, petals and bath bomb materialised while we were out.

We also had dinner at the AG's and tested delicious meal, recommend by ever professional, knowledgeable and polite waiter, our wine was top class and mouth watering... so refreshing after champagne.

Then a couple of cheeky cocktails in the atmospheric Champagne bar.

At the spa, we had a couple massage. An hour long session transferred both of us in to the parallel universe of relaxation. Couple connect... couple simply rested and de stressed... Glass of prosecco while in the hot tub... why not? And the half and hour private hot tub experience I will never forget... when emerged in the warm and comforting water ... early's spring wind cooled our faces and moved plants of the Zen garden.

Next morning, breakfast served outside, was overloaded with both English and continental treats.

When our break finally came to end end I did wonder for quite some time, where did my Cinderella slipper had gone.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kasia M

Dear Kasia M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your magical stay in our Master Garden Suite and appreciated the extra luxury touches we offer to our Cedar Lodge guests. I am pleased you had a wonderful dining experience in AG's and left the Spa both pampered and well relaxed.

Here at Alexander House, we work hard to provide all our guests with a very high standard of service and I am pleased we were able to meet all your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for another Fairy Tale Escape.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A much deserved girlies break at this stunning 5 star hotel, set amongst beautiful greenery. Our experience was made extra special with a complimentary upgrade to one of their newly built amazing rooms on the top floor. The Spa was so relaxing, a shame the steam room was out of order but everything else made up for it. Our treatments were just what we needed for our mind, body and soul. Dinner was delicious at the reflections restaurant and portion size was perfect. A special thanks to Anna for her great hospitality and look forward to coming back soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MalikZareen

Dear MalikZareen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your room upgrade in one of our beautiful Garden Suite. I am glad you enjoyed the spa facilities and your treatments as well as your dining meal in our Reflections Brasserie. Thank you for your very encouraging feedback regarding Anna, our Reception Supervisor. I will make sure your comments are passed on directly to her.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I think this was my fifth time here, and it's still as lovely as ever - for me, the perfect mix of a wonderful spa, great breakfast and fantastic countryside to go walking in - albeit boggy in places, so take your boots. I come on my own evey year for a much needed bit of peace and quiet and it always delivers. I stayed in a spa suite again, amazing bed and lots of space for me to properly wind down and relax. The Spa is truly wonderful with fabulous staff, I wholeheartedly recommend 'the works' as a treatment, my skin had never been so soft! Another fabulous stay, this is definitely my favourite happy place.......!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Tracy M
Sindarmy V, Guest Services Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Tracy M,

I am delighted that you had another fabulous stay with us and enjoyed the comfort and luxury of our hotel rooms as well as your spa treatments. Thank you for your loyalty.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.