All reviewsamber valleyhigham farmcar parkthemed bedroomssteak nightwedding partymain mealfantastic hotelbirthday mealchain hotelsspecial thankschurchill suitesaturday nightafternoon teaself servicechecking outscones
Reviewed 6 September 2016

I booked into the Hotel direct rather than online as I was able to discuss our requirements concerning type of room and menu etc.Even though there was a Wedding and various functions going on whilst we were there all of the staff made us feel both special and very welcome. The Hotel and views were absolutely stunning. The attention to detail and continuous consideration shown to us was magnificent. The whole occasion made it a joy to remember and for both of us to treasure for a long time to come.I sincerely hope that we are able to book the Hotel for our 50th Anniversary and to include all our family as well.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
SantosHighamFarm, General Manager at Santo's Higham Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

David T
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time here at Santo's. We do put a lot of effort into our guests requirements.
Santo has been here for 21 years and we have never had menu packages he likes to find out what the guests requirements are and tailor make them personally I believe that this is what makes us stand out from the rest.
We look forward to your 50th celebration!!
Regards
Roma

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We hosted an 80th Birthday Party for just under 20 people at Santo's Higham Farm. The staff were excellent, very unobtrusive but also very helpful. All the guests were very happy with the food, and the portions were generous. The flowers on the table were also lovely and very well chosen. All in all, it was a very enjoyable event and we can highly recommend it for this type of occasion!

Room Tip: There is a beautiful view of the Peak District from the carpark- not to be missed
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Hello Lara321
I am so happy that you all enjoyed your mums 80th birthday celebrations.
It is always so nice to hear how much our guests enjoy their time here at Santo's and if you are back down here in the future we look forward to welcoming you again.
Regards
Roma

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I was attending the wedding breakfast and reception of my nephew's wedding with a room booked for an overnight stay.
Firstly the car park was large and well set out with plenty of room for all the guests. There is a viewing area with simply superb views from this ridge top position.
Without exception, the staff from reception to waiting on staff were very efficient and organised and looked after all of us extremely well. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
The room was comfortable and well equipped with everything you could expect.
I was most impressed with the quality of the food served at the wedding breakfast. It was well prepared and served with attention to detail at all times.
The music ceased at midnight and I was not disturbed by any other guests as I retired, and slept well.
Breakfast is buffet style and most enjoyable. I had the "full English" and certainly have no complaints. Staff were on hand to assist and supply teas and coffees.
In summary, I found my evening and overnight at Santo's Higham Farm Hotel very pleasant indeed and I thank the staff for making it so. Well done.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Hi Peter H
Thank you for your lovely comments, we are so lucky to have such a great team and I will certainly pass on your comments to all the staff.
They do work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests have a great time here at Santo's.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

My partner and i have been to Santo's Higham Farm now twice within the past 2 months for an over night stay. Our first experience wasn't great at all. There was a wedding taking place and the noise of guests shouting and fighting on the car park outside our room past 2am meant we had zero sleep! We decided to give it a second chance as it seemed such a lovely hotel. However on both occassions on checking in we were never pointed in the direction of the guest's lounge or bar area let alone where to go for breakfast as there are no signs for these areas only signs on the corridors for room numbers. We only realised there was an outside patio area at the back on leaving the first time so we didn't get to use it. Breakfast could be lovely if it was cooked fresh and not a help yourself buffet style in large catering trays. There is only sloppy scrambled egg available unless you request different. There is a selection of "continental items" however the fruit salad is very bland. We were only offered one cup of coffee each and no refills. Rooms seemed slightly dated in need of some tlc and the same carpet runs throughout the hotel! The view from the bottom of the car park is stunning but you can't sit and have a drink there sadly and an info board would be a nice touch. However the deep well in reception is an interesting feature! Sadly there is only one room with a view of the valley over the car park which is a shame. If there is a wedding/function on forget it as the guests take over the hotel and the majority of rooms are subject to noise as the function room is in the middle of the hotel next to the court yard. Would we go again? Sadly not which is a shame as the venue has lots of potential in a lovely little quiet village and to some extent the staff need a better attitude to customer service.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I recently attended a wedding at Santos. I cannot fault the service and food. I made a couple of requests during the wedding breakfast in regards to changes to the food and the chefs were very obliging- I find this is unusual for wedding meals. The evening buffet was fantastic- best i have had at a wedding. It can be so difficult to get it right catering for so many but Santos managed this without fault. Breakfast the nest day was simple but good, the sausages great quality!

I find that it is the little things that make a difference, for example my son missed breakfast due to a late night and the lady on reception asked if he wanted anything even though breakfast had finished.

The venue is beautiful and very spacious, i especially love the inside/outside courtroom. The bed was a little soft for my personal preference however the bedroom was huge and the bathroom lovely. All rooms are decorated differently and with lots of special touches. My parents had the Suite- this was fantastic with lots of space for socialising and a fridge.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family