“Beautiful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 'The Cowshed'

The Cowshed from Cliffe Road (the door is now red!) Lounge area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Cowshed!
The Cowshed from Cliffe Road (the door is now red!)
Lounge area
Lounge (Currently there is a leather sofa instead of the chairs)
Kitchen/diner area (from lounge)
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bathroom
Bathroom: Bath,  with electric shower (to the right, in the bath)
Patio area opposite Cowshed front door.
Evening view from front door
Glossop town centre: View of main square to town hall
Glossop town centre: View of main square from town hall
Front of Cowshed (the barn door is now red)
Driveway entrance leading down to The Cowshed (opposite house number 37 on Cliffe Road)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Paul B
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Beautiful ”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Can't fault this place at all other reviews have it spot on anything you think you might need is already there very thoughtful and helpful owners lovely chocolate brownies and tea sugar milk flowers on arrival.Only fault I can think is no WiFi but your having a break so do u really need it!!!..one tip make your way in via whitfield road as your sat nav sends you via crosse cliffe it's a very steep road as u might find out lol!!...overall 10/10

rthomas20...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage and very thoughtful owners”
Reviewed 22 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The owners were really thoughtful (walking guides left, cakes, milk and tea left on arrival, instructions as to how to start a fire) and the cottage was beautiful.

Travelling group: Friends
opuncjafi...
“Hidden little gem”
Reviewed 31 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I live in Manchester, my partner in London and we both have very demanding jobs. All we needed was a place where we can just relax, but we also wanted an easy access to the shops and Peak District. The location of The Cowshed was just spot on- on the edge of Glossop and within a walking distance to the town centre.

Booking
When I emailed Wendy and Andrew I received a very quick response, all my questions were answered and alternatives offered in an efficient and friendly manner.

Arrival
When I told Wendy & Andrew that I will be coming on the train, they offered to pick me up from the station. Unfortunately I have never taken them on their offer as according to the Google Maps it was supposed to be a 10-15 minutes’ walk. Oh well, I have never checked the street views, and did not expect to drag my suitcase up the hill! If you ever come with a heavy luggage and get a lift offer, just take it ! :-)
When I finally made it up the hill I met Wendy and Andrew, who showed me round the house and explained how everything works. When I asked where the nearest shop was as I wanted to buy a bottle of wine, Andrew went home and brought me one so I did not need to leave the house and could just put me feet up and enjoy the home made brownies from Wendy.

Cottage
There is absolutely everything you need. Comfy sofa (with cushions and blankets) facing the wood burner, a supply of wood, small TV and a selection of DVDs in the living room. In one of kitchen’s cupboards you can also find various games and cards.
Kitchen is beautifully equipped and furnished: dining table, small fridge freezer, oven, stove, microwave and toaster, slow cooker, cutlery (look out for the multipurpose knife:-)), all necessary plates, bowls, glasses and kitchen utensils. We can’t think of anything we needed and couldn’t find. Coffee, tea, sugar, flowers and 4 pints of milk have been provided by the owners on arrival. There is a subtle cow theme throughout the kitchen which we found really charming.
Bedroom is small but really cosy, bed very comfortable. There is small cabinet with books and maps; you can even find a sawing kit, hairdryer and an alarm clock – how thoughtful! There is not a lot of storage space, however absolutely sufficient if you are staying for 3-5 nights. I think it could be an issue if you are staying for a week or two (for those who are not travelling light).
There is a very big bathtub in the bathroom and clean and fresh towels.
Some cottage windows overlook the Peak District Hills. There is even a dedicated car park space and an outside table and chair where you can enjoy your morning coffee in the summer.
And may I just say I am a little crazy when it comes to cleanliness. Needless to say, I could not fault anything: surfaces, floor and kitchen utensils all perfectly clean.

Due to The Cowshed’s location, The Cowshed itself, Owners, cleanliness and all the small details we would highly recommend it to anyone. We will definitely be back.

Wendy & Andrew, thank you very much for your hospitality!

Monika & Arek

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Beth B
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely little stay”
Reviewed 11 January 2016 for a stay in November 2015

Really enjoyed our little break at the cowshed, lovely little touches such as brownies on arrival and wood burner is excellent at keeping the cowshed warm. Would highly recommend, spent days going to chatsworth house and also bakewell thoroughly enjoyed.

Your age range 18-24
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lovely cosy feel
Liked least: Lack of space in the bedroom, but nothing can be done about that.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing