All reviews afternoon tea scones upgraded to a suite full english wedding venue large room meal martina gun castle derby midlands
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We were there for a wedding and the food served in the restaurant and for the wedding itself was very good. But, the hotel is very much in need of a refurbishment. It is old, outdated and thus very uncomfortable. Paint is pealing from the walls, doors won't shut properly, furniture old and worn.. There is no lift but the staff were very helpful is getting the luggage up to the room.
We had problems with the heating but the staff helped sort that out also. All in all the staff did the very best they could but obviously were very short handed. Would recommend this hotel for a meal but would suggest looking elsewhere for a room.

Room Tip: Check out room for 'wear and tear' before taking it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
FinesseCollection, General Manager at Donington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hello Mel455,
Thankyou for leaving us some feedback on your recent visit to us, here at Donington Manor Hotel.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and found our services to be welcoming and helpful!
Our hotel is 18th Century and very unique, which does mean it is in need of some TLC. This will be looked into and planned upon in the near future.

Once again, thankyou for you kind feedback and we do hope to see you again soon!
For any further questions or queries about our service, please do not hesitate to get in contact directly to myself, Sven Nel, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We visited end August for lunch with my husband’s aunt to celebrate her 90th birthday. On arrival, we had a very lukewarm reception and were seated in the dining room. We had a very pleasant lunch but the receptionist serving us was not terribly friendly and drinks came with no ice or having been asked if we wanted any. Food very much the same way.

Lunch was tasty but unfortunately mine was lukewarm - like an egg benedict but not called one. Sad as the flavours were lovely.

We had stayed here many years ago and felt it had gone downhill massively since then which was a pity. If we had been on our own we would have said something but did not want to spoil the birthday celebrations.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
FinesseCollection, General Manager at Donington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hello Sarah,
Thankyou for leaving us your review on your recent visit to The Manor.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to us, and we have noted your feedback to look into this circumstance further.
We hope you join us again for future celebrations.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I was shocked to read the reports from people who have stayed recently at the Donington Manor Hotel, I would have to disagree with their comments.
This is a well established property, I have stayed at this Hotel on quite a few occasions and found the staff to be very professional and polite, the food was very good and my room was very satisfactory, in all I had a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidhall788
FinesseCollection, General Manager at Donington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello David,
Thankyou very much for your kind review about Donington Manor Hotel!
Here at The Manor, we aim to warmly welcome every visitor to make their stay the best possible.
I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, on numerous occasions, and wish for it to continue.
We have some exclusive new offers at the hotel for the coming months, so please feel free to take advantage and come visit!

For any further questions or queries about our service, please do not hesitate to get in contact myself, Sven Nel, General Manager.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I can’t believe this place is still open , we were a party of ten people , travelling a long way for a 60th birthday celebration . On arrival it was quite chaotic , one of our friends rooms wasn’t even ready , we all booked double rooms , and another was put into a single occupancy , the rooms were full if damp and mould really tired and need of some tlc. Only one towel in the room and no hot water , there was a wedding party there so it was really busy , we got offered complimentary drinks because the room wasn’t ready but there was only one lady behind the bar so it took so long to even order a drink , she then told us it was her first shift working there, poor girl it was terrible to see her struggle,
We all decided we wasn’t happy there so we got reallocated to a different hotel which the receptionist said they would cover all costs , but no that didn’t happen , it was just a pure and utter shambles , ruined our night . And will never stay there , which is such a shame the building looks beautiful. Full of character, but it is absolutely awful inside . And so was the service and how they treated us . Now I’ve been told we can have a 20% refund back , what a joke , as one of the couples had a full refund . I had to accept our 20% but I am going to take this further .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol U
FinesseCollection, General Manager at Donington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Hello Carol,
Thankyou for leaving your review.
I have now started discussing all options with all your group and have made contact with some, please don’t hesitate to contact me here, so that we can come to an amicable agreement.
We have noted your complaint and will aim to tackle this situation to prevent it reoccurring in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel as it is close to the airport, we requested a taxi with reception for 4:15, my husband confirmed the booking just before we retired for the evening. We had no sleep at all that evening as the hotel had put us in a room directly above the wedding party totally not acceptable. On departure we discovered the taxi has not been booked causing us to be late for our flight.
This hotel is so unorganized I certainly will not be staying here again and it's certainly is not worth a rating.... it's a big fat zero for me

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea W

Hello Andrea,
Thankyou for leaving us your review on your recent stay with us here at The Manor.
Having discussed this with you in person once again my sincerest apologies and thank you for accepting my offer.
Here at Donington Manor, we aim to welcome our guests and cater for their needs to make sure they have the best stay possible.
We will look into the Taxi situation further, and make sure this type of occurrence does not happen again.