Scafell Hotel(Rosthwaite)
US$230
US$191
US$183
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Derwentwater Independent Hostel(Borrowdale)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$61
Hostelworld.com
  • Restaurant
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
US$226
TripAdvisor
Glaramara(Seatoller)
TripAdvisor
2,360 results
All reviewslodore fallsa lake view roomon arrivalbuilding workfell viewtower suitecourse menulovely hotelafternoon teasconeslake districtspa facilitiesfirst classlounge barhigh standardevening mealmain course
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights at this lovely hotel. We stayed in a lake view room on the third floor. The hotel is undergoing a lot of work at the moment but in no way did this affect our stay.
The staff were lovely especially in the restaurant were the food & service was excellent. Flori was a delight she was very attentive & charming.
The hotel has already undergone changes which are lovely especially the doggie library! As this suggests guests with dogs were made most welcome in here. Staff were always offering treats to our dogs. Other guests actually had tables set for them to have dinner in there with there dogs.
The hotel enjoys a stunning lakeside setting. Would definitely go back & recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Was looking forward to a long awaited break. Chose this hotel so my partner could swim in the pool. That would be the pool that doesnt exist, because they are building a new one. Shame nobody thought to tell the customers that. Shame also that the many staff who move briskly around the hotel seem not to actually regard me as a 'customer'. I loved the room - the penthouse suite and the views from the window - apart from the mud, cement mixer and man with noisy saw!
Little things mean a lot- staff should know what 'fresh milk' is. I rang to ask for some because they told me to. They brought 3 more sachets of uht and packets of instant coffee when I asked for ' more ground coffee please to go in the filter machine in my room'. My partner went down to ask next time and was offered the same thing. I think its great that the staff are cosmopolitan but please teach them basic hotel words such as 'milk', 'ground coffee' oh and 'toast'. Ugh! What a fiasco breakfast service was! (Food quality excellent). Our 20 minute wait for some more toast provided entertainment for other guests - we asked 4 different members of staff, well the ones who responded to our pleas, some of whom asked other members of staff. Staff were whisking up and down - some of them even cleared a few plates. Alas no one cleared our breakfast starters so we bravely balanced banana skins, prune stones and dishes into high piles in an effort to catch someone's eye. I even put the menu on the floor to make room for my hot water. One of the fast moving staff eventually told us they hadn't taken our order because the menu was missing.
The Lake District is famous for walking but surely clearing table debris could be done en route. I have never been ignored by so many staff so many times in my life!!
This stay could have been so much better. When asked about somewhere to swim - the young man on reception was less than helpful and omitted to ask me if I had enjoyed my stay when we checked out. I got the impression he didn't care one way or the other. Well this 'customer' would have appreciated some 'service' maybe a 'smile' ... oh! and some TOAST please when you've finished your walk!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank aimeehep13
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have visited this hotel on 2 separate occasions in a corporate capacity and in both visits the service was first class, the staff very helpful and polite and the food delicious. My last visit was in early September 2017 and I was nervous about putting together an off-site conference for the first time but I need not have been as the Manager Nick Timson was really helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stayed here on our way home from Scotland. It's an excellent dog friendly hotel, and they allow access in th side lounge which us lovely. You can choose to have a table here and eat brekkie and dinner, or can leave in your room. Our room was lovely, good size for us all, 2 adults and 2 dogs.
The food is excellent. We couldn't do the 5 course so went for 3 . Every meal was really good. What lets the rest down is the service. Th staff are all over The place . We sat for dinner and it took 15 mins to be served, and even then that was because we asked someone. And even then the courses were about 40 mins apart and we were sat waiting for each course. It was frustrating and let the night down for us. They knew they had issues that night and several staying there were also complaining about it. We sat at 8 pm and we didn't leave till gone 10 pm. Two of us eating 3 course dinner, does not take that long. And the meals were Small. Staff really need to get their acts together. Breakfast was so tasty and very good.
The location is lovely. Walks on your doorstep. We also did paddle boarding with a company down the road called platy plus. We did it with our dogs and it was such fun. The company and staff are exellcent. Very friendly and professional.
I would return to this hotel. But I'm also aware we got a deal as building work going on (did not affect us at all), so not sure I would pay the full prices they ask.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

A very pleasant hotel, newly refurbished. The room wasn't huge but perfectly manageable with a lovely view over the water. It did face directly onto a road but that wasn't a problem as very little traffic after 11 pm. The food was lovely and all the staff attentive. The best thing about the hotel is the position. There is building work going on but this did not affect us at all.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from building work
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple