“PUB GRUB writ large”

Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Tarporley
Cuisines: International, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Excellent food and service in beautiful surroundings, with plenty of local ale. We also do are own walking book with six circular walks to suite all.We open all day every day from 10am until 11.30, food is served from 12 until 2.30 for lunch and 6 until 9.30 for dinner from Monday to Thursday and all day from 12 until 9.30 Fridays ,Saturday ,and Sunday.You can look at out menus on our website, we also have many boards that change often and roast beef every Sunday ..
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Boot is out of the way, in a very pleasant setting and serves excellent pub grub. No pretence but lots of quality, local ingredients and pleasant staff. On a nice day what more can you want`

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for a meal out with a friend, haven't been here myself for so long so wasn't sure what to expect. We went on my friends recommendation and I'm happy to say she was right. The service, the food everything was absolutely brilliant. I enjoyed the night and will definitely return.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Thank you for looking after my 14 family members so well, for taking our late booking in your stride, for providing for their various food needs, for providing a private part of the bar, for the friendly interaction with us all, for the the brilliant food wine and beer.I could go on!! This pub is perfect in my eyes, I wish it were my local.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We revisited here recently after not going for sometime. What a mistake that was, we shall be going every Sunday for lunch. The roast beef was exquisite and served in generous portions. Served with the perfect roast potatoes and veg, with the cauliflower cheese being the icing on the cake.
The service was friendly and efficient and what a beautiful setting, roll on the long summer days.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Living in Kelsall this is a regular haunt of ours.
It is always reliable however on this occasion it was superb which is why I thought I would write a review.

The Roast Beef was outstanding and enough to feed a small army very generous so represented excellent value even having a separate Cauliflower cheese each nice touch!

The other reviews who said the beef wasn't good must either be imposters from one of the other average pubs in Kelsall or like their beef like shoe leather.

Our experience was first class keep up the good work.