“Over rated and over priced!!”
Review of Cheshire Grill

Cheshire Grill
Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Northwich
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Visited here last night, the place was practically empty, the steak was £27 and it was full of fat!! For the price I expected much better, because there was hardly anyone in there the waitress kept constantly asking how our food was which was driving us mad... she didn’t seem to have anything else to do... when the bill came for 2 Steaks, a pina colada, a shandy and x2 toffee pudding at £90 I was pretty disgusted, I could barely eat my steak there was hardly any meet on it! The pepper corn sauce which was an additional £4 was a tiny portion also... majorly over priced and won’t be going back... like the place before it I can’t see it being open for long unfortunately... for a place so far out from anywhere and you needing to drive there they will be relying on food rather than drinks for profit... at these prices though I can’t imagine them getting the custom sadly!!

2  Thank CSteele85

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Staff were very accommodating to our food requests (especially Isaac) rare steak was just delicious ...desserts delicious too .

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in early doors on Sunday. We were put on a table that felt like it was in the corridor to the toilets but we were walk-in trade so perhaps shouldn’t expect the best position.

I had the Sunday lunch, not too bad, the beef was luke warm but the biggest disappointment; Bisto gravy. Really guys, your chef can obviously cook, so why let yourselves down like that?!

We were at the side of the bar, which was also obviously the dumping ground for stuff they didn’t know where else to store. It was also the area that the floor staff staff brought the dirty glasses too. The problem was that no one was washing them, so they built up and built up until the whole side of the bar was covered in crap. Not the best environment to eat in.

Pricing: considerably over priced for what is in effect pub food. I would have scored a 3 based on the experience alone, but the high price knocked it down a point. I don’t mind paying for good food in a good environment, but this was average all round I am afraid.

Service was ok, our waitress was very pleasant, however, we won’t rush back when there are other good dining pubs in the area.

1  Thank Wiggypea
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Great atmosphere. Excellent Service and Steaks cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend to all. Great puds too!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Simply Lush. Food was beautiful. Lots of care and attention from all staff. Establishment has been tastefully decorated. It was my partners birthday and received a glass of pink fizz and a celebration card....nice touch guys will make a point of coming back very soon to sample more delicious food. Highly recommended ❤

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant