Crewe Hall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,369 results
All reviewsafternoon teaq hotelsmodern wingtower suitewest wingspa breakmain hallfeature roomstately homecrew hallsheridan loungenewer partbeautiful buildingnew sectionoriginal buildingfour poster bedbrasserie restaurant
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked an overnight spa stay including treatment.

We arrived early at the spa to use the facilities before our treatment, we told reception we had treatments booked - they asked us what treatment and how we were intending to pay - this is all included in the original online booking, do they not see this?

Facilities are basic, Jacuzzi is really small only just fits 3 people in, and there wasn't enough loungers for the guests in attendance.

About an hour before treatments we due we decided we wanted a snack, I went to reception to enquiry about the room being ready, it wasn't. I asked about what we should do with charging food to the room and reception wasn't very helpful was only when I said I didn't want the previous occupants of the room to be charged did she check anything. Turns out the room we were being given was actually out of action and we have to be moved.

They gave me a slip told me not to worry and my key card will be handed in at the spa for when we finish. Okay.

Next stop the restaurant - we ordered humus/flatbread and olives along with a sandwich and drinks - we only received the olives and the drinks arrived after our food, wasn't really busy. We mentioned we hadn't received the sandwich upon leaving the sandwich then arrives, at this point we didn't have time to eat - they said it would be removed off the bill.

Treatments - couldn't fault the staff, I had a lovely lady called Sarah she was fantastic.

We were then placed in the spa lounge, where another group mentioned they had lunch - to which I then checked my booking which also said we had lunch. At no point did the spa or hotel reception mention/remind us lunch was included in my booking which I though was a little unprofessional especially on the hotel reception side.

Room was spacious, beds very comfy, only one towel in the bathroom the rest were hiding in the back of the wardrobe.

Dinner and breakfast was lovely. Upon check out we were overcharged as they forgot we paid a deposit - quickly sorted.

I would come back again, hopefully by then things would have improved

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On arriving at Crewe Hall, the Receptionist, Emily, was very helpful and attentive and told us all we needed to know about booking in and the hotel. As a seminar venue it was perfect. The rooms are well appointed and maintained the conference facilities are varied and versatile and are in the new part of the hotel. The main building was rebuilt after a fire in Victorian times and is fascinating just to wander around. The food was tasty, plentiful and well served.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank woodsavonview
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sometimes, mail lists can be a good thing.
I was receiving mails from QHotels and this particular time, got tempted by trying the Crewe Hall hotel.
So many room types, various parts of the hotel, so many offers...
We set our eyes on a room located in the country house part, rather than the more modern extension. The room we selected was a feature double. We were actually upgraded on arrival for free to a Junior Suite, also in the Jacobean hall.
(Please note some very good rooms called VIQ are in the modern extension).
The suite was very comfortable, spacious. Plenty of places to seat, very comfortable 4 poster bed. Nice views to the front of the hall and plenty of history just outside the bedroom door.
The hall is like a Museum. To be fair, most of what you see was redone in 1866 following a fire but still. Great decor, plenty of paintings, various rooms which, when not in use by functions... can be visited too.
Quite a trek to go to the dining room that is part of the extension. This is where breakfasts are served too. We did not try the restaurant itself but did have breakfast there. Pretty good selection of food but not the best I've ever sampled.

Room Tip: Try to select a room in the main Jacobean hall
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited in January. Found the hotel very large and clean. The main building very historic with the added modern extensions, which is to be expected nowadays. Service was very good all round and food in the restaurant was very good quality. I would of said the lunch selection was slightly limited though. We visited Chester Zoo while here and this was about a 45 min drive away. Spa treatments were very good. Therapist was chatty and friendly but respected the treatment and allowed me to relax.

Would visit again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a fantastic Hotel dating back originally to 1500 it has been extended and modernised. We found all the Staff to be friendly and helpful. Buffet Lunch was included in our Package and it was splendid, Soup of the Day, Starter, lots of vegetables and Roast Ham and Chicken, Apple Crumble, Cheese and biscuits. All
very tasty.
Drinks to be paid for and were expensive. Staff were very good.
Breakfast was also a buffet and again a fantastic selection
We looked in at the Pool when we arrived at 11.00 am, very hot and humid. We went at 1700 hrs very quiet and pleasant temperature.
Dinner was waiter service, a bit erratic, There was a wide choice and the food we had was excellent
We had two Spa treatments both excellent and Staff very nice. We had a great time.

Room Tip: Keep away from the Weddings
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple