All reviews lovely hotel jacuzzi bath coach party lounge bar executive room wedding reception plenty of parking buffet breakfast family wedding main restaurant lovely room stayed for one night enjoyable stay comfy bed sandwiches saturday night good nights sleep
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We went for Sunday Lunch for Father's Day at the Bull Hotel. They had jazz on which Dad likes so we thought we would give it a go.

It was not good. The mackerel starter came straight out of a packet. The beef was over cooked and dry, the carver of the meat did not know how to cut it; it came about a centimetre thick. The potatoes were not good, the Yorkshire puddings were like they were reheated. The drinks took forever to arrive, we kept having to remind them. They don't know the difference between a macchiato and cappuccino. Basic service and the main course was a buffet. All this came to £31 per head including the 10% service charge they added to the bill. A total rip off.

The crackling was good though.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Inigo M

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent visit.
Please accept my apology that the food was not to your satisfaction.
I have investigated your comments with the Kitchen team in order to make the necessary changes to improve our offering.

All food is prepared on the day to ensure it is of the highest quality. I have asked the head chef to review his roast potato preparation and ensure the Yorkshire puddings are cooked as close to service time as possible.

The carver that you mentioned has been retrained under senior supervision.

Your comments have also been shared with the Bar team as any delay on drinks is not acceptable. I have asked the bar manager to address this issue in the pre shift briefings and conduct necessary coffee refresher training.

I am please you enjoyed the crackling.

If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind regards

Christian T

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at The Bull Hotel for 5 days as was on a course nearby. I cannot find any fault with the hotel. Warm welcome when checking in. Room was lovely, comfortable bed and very clean, room was serviced daily to the same high standard. Food in the bar/restaurant was really good and very reasonable in price.
Breakfasts were fantastic, you don't want for anything!
Will definitely stay and recommend to anyone coming to the Gerrards Cross area!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, Front of House Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Murphy2425

Thank you for your great review of The Bull Hotel. I am happy to learn that you had enjoyed your 5 day stay with us and found the room and facilities suited to your needs.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to your next stay when you are in Gerrards Cross.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My Husband & I attended a Wedding here & the staff couldn't have been more helpful in order to make the day go as smoothly as possible. There were quite a few children in the Wedding party so it was great that they all had a lovely large garden to run around in. Our room (we chose an Executive room) was modern, clean & comfortable (we had a lovely large walk in shower which was bliss the next morning!) Food here was lovely too-we had a 3 course Dinner which was part of the Wedding along with a BBQ selection in the evening & a great buffet breakfast the next morning serving a really good selection of both cold & cooked food. Overall, a great experience at the Bull Hotel - thank you!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Joanne N

Thank you for lovely review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the wedding celebrations hosted at the hotel. I am happy to hear that you found our Executive room very comfortable and suited to your needs. Our hotel hosts beautiful BBQ's in the summer which many of our guests enjoy and I am pleased you did too.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

First of all, we had a beautiful room, plenty of room to move around and a lovely comfortable bed.
The staff were friendly.
The food was ok, the breakfast was better than the dinner. Plenty of choice for breakfast.
At our dinner there was best part of an hr between courses, I don't feel that was needed.
The bar was good though as pricey as top London hotel, I do feel £24 for a bottle of Rose, is a bit too much but what choice do you have, unless like me you say no way and drink slower on spirits.
The grounds from the terrace look lovely and well kept, but if you wander down towards the herb garden a bit of it is not so well kept.
I don't feel there is any facilities as such, no pool or gym, I didn't see any playing area for any young children.
Unless you are here for a wedding or function, there is much for your money.

Room Tip: If you struggle with walking let the hotel know in advance, the walk from the lift was a bit much, and not straight.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Front of House Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear amanda d

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for sharing your feedback. I am happy to learn that you and your children found the room to be very comfortable and our staff very friendly. I am sorry to hear that there was a delay in courses during your dinner. I have conveyed your feedback to our Restaurant Manager. Our drinks pricing is competitive within our area, but I am sorry you felt the price for the rose was dear. Our hotel property does unfortunately not have any spa or pool facilities, however guests are able to purchase a gym voucher that can be used at our local gym in Gerrards Cross. Our property is ideally located within a 20minute journey by train to London. Odd Farms, a petting zoo,is a great outing for kids and is only a ten minute journey from the hotel and LEGOLAND is only 20 minutes away too.

I do hope you will join us again when you are in the area or alternatively stay at one of our sister hotels located in Knightsbridge, Windsor and Great Malvern.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

A nice hotel, was only there on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning , Stayed in room 429 [I think] with my granddaughter [14yrs] not the best of rooms, 0ne double bed,and a fan in bathroom going all night so not a good night sleep for me,other than that all was good. Staff was very pleasent and helpful,Table settings was was also good and the meal was excellent has we had a sit down menu,though there was a long wait for each cause I don't think it was down to the staff ,service was very good,nothing to much trouble.Brekfast was a good choice plenty of everything.so good all round.Recommend if you are Disabled
you should tell them when booking has it can be a bit of a walk from lift to room.

Room Tip: Don't know,
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear 27472016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel does offer 6 different room categories that do differ in style, amenities, price and size. Our does have two fully accessible bedrooms should any guests have any disability. These are subject to availability. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dinner and the table setting. I will convey positive feedback to our team.

We look forward to your next visit!