“Simply Fantastic!”

Casita and Pergola
164.JPG
151.JPG
Sea Beans
Fresh orange juice every morning
Biking along the Costa Maya
Alex Beck Pics (24).JPG
246.JPG
Capt. Victor and tarpon
Alex Beck Pics (27).JPG
Caretakers Rosa and Cecilio, co-owners Tom and Chris with the Dove!
222.JPG
264.JPG
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bighorn river montana
“Simply Fantastic!”
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

We've been going to Xcalak for many years. This was simply my favorite place to stay. It's in a GREAT location, not far from town and close to restaurants. The house has everything you need. The house is quiet and beautiful. We stayed both upstairs and downstairs. Upstairs was great as we have four people. Lots of space. We then moved downstairs as it was just my husband and myself. We LOVED the downstairs. Smaller, but loved the ground level. We bought lobster from the locals next door for around $2.50 per tail and grilled them. What a treat! I would highly recommend and can't wait to go back.

Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: I can't think of anyting I didn't like.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
LittleBit...
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Beautiful Home”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

About the Home: What a fabulous home away from home. We wanted a true getaway vacation and we got it. There is no AC but because the house is right on the bay, you get a fabulous ocean breeze throughout the day and all the the night.

About the kitchen: We were able to eat as many meals at home as we wanted because the kitchen has everything! We also loved going out to eat - the fish tacos at Coasta de Cocos was my favorite.

Favorite Benefit: A lovely housekeeper (Rosa) does the dishes and cleans the house daily - what a lovely treat!

How I Spent our Days: In the hammock reading; surfing the net on the porch; in the water snorkeling; doing puzzles; watching DVDs - great selection.

How My Husband Spent his Days: scuba diving; fishing (and then grilling up his catches); hacking up coconuts and serving me coconut water and pina coladas. : )

Note for an August Stay: Note that for a stay in August, there were mosquitoes, so we used OFF! bug spray. You can pick it up in Cancun on your way down! I've stayed in November as well and there weren't mosquitoes; I think its a summer thing.

Note on WiFi - I loved having WiFi access - but note that it can go in and out of service throughout the day. I found that it often went out of service around 6 PM - this happens all over Xcalak and is not specific to Case De Paloma - and then came back on by 9 PM. Do not plan on having access every minute of every day, but you can expect to have it the majority of the time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hammocks, the ocean breeze
Liked least: The WiFi knocked out as I was trying to send something off to work - but my own fault to be working on vacation I suppose!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
westmini
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Breathtakingly beautiful”
Reviewed 26 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

We recently spent a week at this beautiful home and I can't quit thinking about it. The house was wonderful . . . homey and comfortable, and had everything we needed. The private beach was gorgeous. We spent most of our time either reading outside on the back porch or snorkeling off the end of the (neighbor's) dock. The snorkeling was amazing, and right out the back door! We were worried about the heat, but the constant breeze from the ocean kept it comfortable. We met some dog friends who lived close by and they visited daily. The caretakers were great . . . . helpful, but unobtrusive. If you want a vacation that is totally relaxing, this is the place. Unplug, relax, let go . . .

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Madrid
Reviewed 21 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
London UK
Reviewed 13 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing