“Authentic and great Mexican food!”
Review of Taco Maya

Taco Maya
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and the food was absolutely wonderful! We recommend the quesadillas and the fajitas con arrechera (since this was our order), but we're sure that anything on the menu is probably great. Not the most beautiful surroundings, but Taco Maya is a nice local restaurant!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This place had decent food and prices were not bad, fajita tacos were mini but with salsa they were acceptable, just to stop and go, recommended.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

The tacos here are more like taquitos and had good flavor. The fajitas and quesadillas are just OK. Not bad but just not great. If you go here, it is an experience however I would not go out of my way.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Looking for an inexpensive and good place to eat in Akumal Pueblo? Seek out Taco Maya. My wife and I walked up from the beach as we were told by a friend who lives in the area to give it a try. It was mid afternoon and we were the only patrons. So the service was excellent and the tacos were too. If you want to dine where the locals dine and stop for takeout this is it.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Codkicker
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This was a great find thanks TripAdvisor! Once you see the police station in the Pueblo turn right and it will be down one block. It closes at 8 p.m. not 9. This is family owned and they take pride in the restaurant. My son said it was the best beef tacos he's ever had. I had a Mexicana quesadilla and that was fabulous. I love going to a local places! Great food and cheap. We rode our bikes here the first time. The second time we took a taxi from Del Sol condos it was 6 US dollars.

Date of visit: March 2017