Oasis Tulum Lite
US$467
US$392
US$357
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$177
  • Breakfast included
US$561
US$374
bedfinder
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgrand oasiscoffee bargolf cartbeach bardrivewayfernandotubsisolateddancingjacuzziloungersbartenderrivierashowsbarsbuffet
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Was a nice vacation for the price. We got a super great deal that required us a to attend a timeshare presentation for a different resort offsite. We didn’t buy a timeshare and that was fine. All timeshare presentations are high pressure, this was moderate compared to others I’ve been to. Just tell them no and they let you leave after 90min. They did shuttle us to the presentation which was 45min away. So it did take up a bulk of the morning. Met at 7:00am. Then 45min travel there, a 90 min presentation that includes a nice breakfast, then 45min travel back. Count on 3.5-4 hours cut out of your day. Made it back just before 11am.

The Oasis Tulum Lite was fine. There were a few hiccups but for the price we paid, I was willing to overlook. I also read the reviews prior to going and I was prepared that things wouldnt be perfect. The checkin was a bit weird. They expected us, just didnt seem very organized. Service at checkin could have been better. Nobody was rude, just not organized.

The overall service was good. The rooms were okay.

The rooms were always clean and comfortable. They were outdated. Some things just didn’t work well. The fridge wasn’t cold. The bathroom toilet didnt flush well. The outside patio on the bottom floor wasnt clean. The rest of the room was clean and smelled fine. The outdoor hallway was smelling a bit moldy, but it wasn’t dirty just lack of air movement for a stale outdoor smell. The room smelled fine. The AC was good. Housekeeping did a good job. I left my wallet out one day with plenty of money in it. I normally dont do that, but nothing was missing everything was there. I did leave a tip everyday and the housekeeper did some little nice things to add a personal touch. Our housekeeper was good, seemed trustworthy.

I thought the service was good at the hotel. Not perfect or great but was overall good. Most staff on the overall resort were friendly. Some went out of their way to greet, others were more shy and didnt make eye contact or looked away.

Some people went out of their way and were outstanding. At the Akeru Bar down by the beach. A lady named Kennedy was AWESOME. She went out of her way to make sure we felt welcome. She remembered our names, remembered our drink preferences. She really seemed to genuinely care. Kennedy was outstanding.

Another gentleman that worked the Arciffes Terrrace. It was an outside lunch restaurant directly across from the Akeru Sushi Bar. His name was Raul. He was outstanding. Such a quiet hard working man. He was attentive and always made sure we are happy. His service was GREAT. He remembered what we liked, ran around to get refills. Such a humble, friendly, and hard working man.

Raul and Kennedy were both awesome.

I was happy with the resort. I think some of the negative reviews are a bit exaggerated. I could see some people expecting better or more but this is the lite version of the resort. Its not going to be perfect, but you get access to a great resort, beautiful beach, good food and AWESOME PEOPLE LIKE RAUL AND KENNEDY.

Our favorite restaurant was BITES. The food was great, wasnt too busy. It was located at Oasis Lite. Some people at the better part of the resort traveled there and said it was the resorts best kept secret. Some of the other restaurants were good but long lines formed at 6pm and reservations were hard to acquire but not impossible. These restaurants would include Sarape and Dos Lunas. Good restaurants and good service just difficult to get into. Saw or heard a lot of guests upset or complaining they could get in and eat when they wanted to. If you can remain flexible you will be okay. Might not be able to eat right on your meal schedule.

I would say the overall resort seemed a bit understaffed. Especially in the restaurants. Could use more staff to make things smoother.

I read most every review. I would agree with most. Everyone has a different experience. Some people have a different level of tolerance. A few of the very negative critical reviews were probably a bit exaggerated.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy L
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Jeremy,

We are so happy that our resort did not let you down! Creating the perfect atmosphere for you is our priority and that is why we are so glad to read that you actually enjoyed your vacation. Also, we want to let you know that we invest time and money improving the minor issues that you and other guests mentioned in their comments. Finally, we want to thank you for the time you have taken writing and sharing your experience with us. Is good to know that you had a good trip and that you enjoyed our facilities, the service, food, beach and the tranquility that we offer to all of our guests.

We hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Not for those who like the bigger hotels. Not much to do. Food is ok. It’s an older hotel. Pool is nice. Not a busy hotel. It isn’t very close to the beach. Rooms are ok. Beds are ok. Not much fir entertainment

Stayed: January 2018
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Audrey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, we appreciate it. Indeed the Oasis Lite is a very calm resort, we hope you've enjoyed your stay, and hopefully, we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Terrible! Absolutely terrible! This place is dilapidated and terribly managed. The staff was absolutely no help and a few were borderline rude. I had requested 2 double beds. Got there and we were given and abnormally small king size bed. When I inquired at the desk, I was told that there weren’t any other rooms available. All of which was a flat out lie because there was absolutely NO ONE on that property except for my friend and myself. First two weeks of March are the slow season. The rooms were dirty, paint was peeling off of the walls. There were no windows and no television. Walls had dirt marks and there was a dead bug in our shower. No one offered to help us with our bags and no one gave us any information on how to get to the beach. I travel a lot and don’t require much, but this was not was presented on the Oasis website. It was my friends 40th Birthday and we just wanted to relax in a nice atmosphere. We thought we were getting Beverly Hills and instead we got to ghettos of South Central! Needless to say, we packed up and upgraded to the Sian K’aan which was like a whole other world. Not sure if this is a scheme to get people to upgrade but the Oasis brand should be ashamed of themselves for even advertising this place as a resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tina F
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience with us. We apologize for the treatment you received. We will train our staff and subject them to constant monitoring in order to ensure a good service, also we will talk with our maintenance department to fix those issues that you mentioned above. On the other hand, we want to let you know that we do not have any scheme to get people to upgrade.

We are truly sorry for the unpleasant experience and we reiterate once again our sincere apologies.
Kind regards

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from our vacation in Riviera Maya staying at the Oasis Tulum Lite. Before I give you my honest and sincere review, let me just say that my husband loved it. It’s not that I didn’t like it....I “liked” it but I didn’t “love” it.

First off, be prepared that it’s about an hour and a half to two hours from the airport. I was well aware of this so I didn’t mind. Second, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a small building in the Grand Oasis Tulum’s complex. I didn’t understand what this meant when I read the reviews, until I saw it for myself. When the driver takes you into the driveway of the Oasis and the first stop is a small building to the left, THAT’S the Oasis Tulum Lite. We didn’t have much of a choice in staying here because it was through one of those offers where you have to sit through a 90 minute presentation (which really wasn’t all that bad). At the Lite there is a coffee bar in the lobby and an a la carte restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner; the food is pretty good. There is a pool outside which is usually empty. Also, there are about six “hot tubs.” If you truly want to enjoy a hot tub for its heat, don’t go in the hot tub.....it’s brrrrr cold.

The “main” resort is about an 8-minute leisurely-walk. You can request a ride on the golf cart by one of the bellmen or hop on one of the bikes provided by the resort. The walk is pretty and really isn’t bad at all and it is lit at night. I didn’t mind this, in general, but it wasn’t what I was used to as far as resorts go. Sometimes, you just don’t want to walk 4 blocks for a snack or a drink at the bar.

Being guests at the Lite limited us to access a few of the other places at the Grand. We didn’t really mind this as we are not big foodies. We are happy with a decent buffet for all of our meals.

The beach was a bit “dirty” with the amount of sea grass floating in from the water. At 5-Star and 5-Diamond resorts they clean the beaches of the seaweed and sea grass. But we weren’t at a 5-Star or 5-Diamond so what did we care??? There were always beach chairs available and towels as well. The nice thing about the towel situation is I could take as many towels as I wanted and not have to worry about those silly “towel cards” that some resorts have, limiting your towel usage.

To sum up, our room was nice and clean and quiet. The Lite was very quiet with not much action, which we liked. The Grand resort is a walk or a ride, whichever you prefer. The main resort was also pretty quiet. The staff were incredibly nice and accommodating, especially Fernando, the bartender, at the Akeru Beach Bar (remember all the bars and buffet are at the Grand, not the Lite). We had a nice, relaxing vacation. The Oasis Tulum Lite is NOT for everyone, so research the resorts well, not just for its price. I would probably come back to the Oasis Tulum Lite. Mexico is one of my favorite vacation spots because there is something for everyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RN_Lilly
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken you share with us such a detalied review. We are delighted you enjoyed our calm and relaxed atmosphere; our rooms and our service. Regardless of all that we want to apologice for the “dirty beach”, is seaweed season and there is nothing we can do to stop it, however, we do work hard to clean the most we can.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can witness the changes we implement on a daily basis.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We had a very enjoyable stay here and the staff was very attentive. Jesus, the barista and bartender, always had a smile and went out of his way to assist us. Bike riding or walking was a relaxing way to get to the beach, and shuttles were always available. The pool and surronding area at the "Lite" was never crowded, clean, and lounges were comfortable. We enjoyed the small "Bites" restaurant and our wait staff was very good. It was a long trip from the Cancun airport (somewhat due to our arrival time) but our shuttle back was about an hour, which was reasonable.

Stayed: February 2018
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

It makes us happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; relaxing and comfortable are words that we like to see because that means we did a good job taking care of you and your loved ones. Thank you for the time you have taken to share your comments with us, we hope you can come back soon because we will be waiting for you with our arms wide open.

Gerardo Bordoli.